2023 elk so far

BuzzH

Been a busy start to November.

After hunting a few days in early November here, I made my way to Montana to help my Brother. I met him and Dad and we had a great time.

My brother shot this bull at 388 yards with my 7-08 and nosler accubonds.

IMG_05251.jpeg

Closer look, never have seen a bull with 3 antlers.

IMG_05641.jpeg

While in the breaks, Matt and I found some rams including these guys:

54574.jpeg

Ran into a hunter that had been hunting sheep since September, showed him the pictures and he said he would shoot either of the 2 best of those 4 rams. We dropped a pin on ONX for him and he went to the spot, found the rams, and killed the lower ram in the picture. We ran into him the next morning and helped him pack the ram to his truck. Great bonus to the elk hunt.

54606.jpeg

Made my way back home and looked for elk for the next few days. Finally decided to kill this bull after seeing him a few times.

Had some help from @JM77 and that was much appreciated. We found the bull at daylight I stalked to one spot and was too far at 750 yards. I circled around and got to a different ridge and could see the bulls antlers above the junipers but couldn't get a clear shot. Finally the bull fed around enough and offered me a shot. Shot was 336 yards with my 7 RM. Hit him hard the first time and he just jumped a few yards getting behind a juniper. I could see his rack and part of his body so shot again. He then started moving to my right and just as he was getting out of sight, shot a 3rd time nicking him above the spine. Didn't need to shoot the second 2 shots, but I just don't take chances.

IMG_0603.jpeg

JM77 and I with my bull:

IMG_06191.jpeg

Going tomorrow to help a friend with a cow tag then later in the week off to Montana for 10 days or so. Slow start to the season for me, but its picking up nicely.

What’s the lifetime tally up to?

Six-point bulls ______
Total elk ______

Been a busy start to November.

After hunting a few days in early November here, I made my way to Montana to help my Brother. I met him and Dad and we had a great time.

My brother shot this bull at 388 yards with my 7-08 and nosler accubonds.

IMG_05251.jpeg

Closer look, never have seen a bull with 3 antlers.

IMG_05641.jpeg

While in the breaks, Matt and I found some rams including these guys:

54574.jpeg

Ran into a hunter that had been hunting sheep since September, showed him the pictures and he said he would shoot either of the 2 best of those 4 rams. We dropped a pin on ONX for him and he went to the spot, found the rams, and killed the lower ram in the picture. We ran into him the next morning and helped him pack the ram to his truck. Great bonus to the elk hunt.

54606.jpeg

Made my way back home and looked for elk for the next few days. Finally decided to kill this bull after seeing him a few times.

Had some help from @JM77 and that was much appreciated. We found the bull at daylight I stalked to one spot and was too far at 750 yards. I circled around and got to a different ridge and could see the bulls antlers above the junipers but couldn't get a clear shot. Finally the bull fed around enough and offered me a shot. Shot was 336 yards with my 7 RM. Hit him hard the first time and he just jumped a few yards getting behind a juniper. I could see his rack and part of his body so shot again. He then started moving to my right and just as he was getting out of sight, shot a 3rd time nicking him above the spine. Didn't need to shoot the second 2 shots, but I just don't take chances.

IMG_0603.jpeg

JM77 and I with my bull:

IMG_06191.jpeg

Going tomorrow to help a friend with a cow tag then later in the week off to Montana for 10 days or so. Slow start to the season for me, but its picking up nicely.
Well done! Always enjoy your posts!

Congrats on a good season so far. I always enjoy your yearly harvest posts but admittedly get a bit envious. You and a few others on here make getting elk seem so easy, kind of how I feel with spring turkeys, yet I feel like it’s a struggle that I work my ass of for to fill any elk tag.

Nice job sir! Hope all is well these days.
Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving, hope you and JM have a good holiday with family.

Great pics and nice elk.

Congrats all around with the exception that it appears you might be wearing a Grizzlies sweatshirt.

This ain't the week for that, Buzz. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back