Anybody wanna ski/camp “skamp” copper or SBoat next month?

Bride sold my 210 Rossignols in the early 90's for 20 bucks (or less)...had gradjiated to 170sump'n parabolics...they'd carve like Jean-Claude but oh so slow and chattery on the straights.

Photo document a true yard sale and then check back in please.....
Isn't that a green....
It was a black thank you very much.
wish I would’ve had the go pro going.
I’m pretty sure I was doing 35mph.
like one ski popped off and I was sliding out of control down the hill when the other blew off and I was seriously scared I was going into a tree.
I think I dug my feet in to stop.
guy on the lift-
“That was quite the yard sale!”

Skiing with @Wildabeast was a terrible idea.
Forget the bumps.
I want to go fast.

I’m pretty sure I have lacerations on my abdomen, but I’m planning on sleeping in this shirt so I’m just not gonna look. 😂

Would’ve been really easy to
p-word out and first world it in the back of the truck, but since I’ve got this rad ass tent I should prob use it.
In theory this should make backpacking in September/October more manageable, right? 🤷‍♂️

no cell service at the tent.
goodnight, chumps. 😉

ps if you know where this is please don’t rob me.
F8207D78-E648-4C6E-9749-3C7FC98C7E36.jpeg

I rocked a pair of these in 208 back in the day...

View attachment 176624

All the millennials can only envy the massive sidecuts on those old school skis! :LOL:
Paint some flames on those and you've got something.
Nothing better than going full yard sale with witnesses and having some stoner skid to a stop next to me and blurt out "Bro that was epic"

So I’ve received a lot of requests via pm asking me to turn this into a live hun so here goes.

one of the main goals of this trip is to run completely unaided out of the car for both frugality and health purposes.

last night’s fine camp table fare was spin off a recipe that I can’t remember if I stole from hank Shaw or Jryoung but it consisted of thin sliced chicken breast masterfully marinated in Italian dressing served over a bed of spinach and arugula with tons of cottage cheese and pucky.
*winter camping tip if your pucky is going through a freeze/thaw cycle make sure to crack the lid just a bit to relieve pressure before opening.
my puffy coat is now Caesar dressing scented.
bears will love it.
46BDCFF8-50A6-436E-8882-93DAAEC2F06E.jpeg

C0379ACC-3046-4629-8ECD-8380FCC3AFEF.jpeg

So after spending a lot of time tangled up in multiple sleeping bags on my last trip I splurged and picked up a western mountaineering puma gws -25*.

after 2 nights my initial thoughts are that it’s gonna work pretty well for my purposes.
Condensation and ice on the roof of the tent seems to be an inevitable part of winter camping, I’m hoping the gws will prevent the bag from getting wet.
so far so good 🤷‍♂️
I don’t have a packed pick but it compresses down into the same stuff sack that came with my NF wasatch 30 so it’s pretty compact for -25*.
I was worried about it being too warm, but the last 2 night were in the low 20’s and I just left the hood loose and unzipped the side a bit and it was very cozy.
the insulated hood is like a pillow and as a stomach sleeper I was very happy with my ability to roll around inside the bag and kinda scrunch the hood up and really make a nice pillow while still being able to keep my face outside of the bag.
that sleeping bag is a vibe.

839607F5-2073-40DB-81A7-4E4C94B7B2DD.jpeg

Main goal for today is to not let the man get me out of $4 for a pbr.
only got 2 beers left.
gonna be a sufferfest.
*check out that cheese stick bag.
when it comes to price and quality Cracker Barrel takes the prize IMO. Ymmv
1FEB459F-DEB3-413A-A776-760D0FD50638.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back