Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

koolAid or potential week?

Seems like we are right in the middle. S&P is 230 pts from the rebound high and 230ish points from any type of downside support. Sitting right at 200day and 50day moving averages. About the only thing I know for sure is that we won’t stay here. Summer is typically boring. I kind of have a feeling this one won’t be. 😉

I dumped my JPM and brk.b on the 8th, but really getting tempted to re-buy. Looks like a good long term value. Im thinking warren is going to make some killer deals this Fall with their stack of cash.
Prices were out of control on the 8th and I thought so hard about dumping a lot of my small portfolio, but I'm working on not trying to 'time the market' so decided to hold... really regretting that now with some of my Covid plays especially.

This is a good summary.:LOL:
That’s a fancy way of saying the market is sending mixed messages—and investors are receiving them loud and unclear. In a survey of 341 investors, DataTrek found no clear consensus about how the S&P 500 market would finish 2020. Up more than 10% from here Friday’s close garnered 20% of the vote, while 21% said the market would rise 5% to 10%, 21% said within 5% of current levels, 18% said down 5% to 10% from here, and 19% said down more than 10%. That’s just about one-fifth of respondents putting themselves in each of the five baskets. “The bottom line is that we’re in a conviction-less market,” writes Nicholas Colas, co-founder of DataTrek Research.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/do...-stock-market-is-going-up-or-down-51593467127

Buying the dips. Tech has run up too much for me..... However, banks are quite appealing and I have been adding to that position; long term hold.

Looks like the S&P did well today. I wonder what tomorrow will bring with Tesla’s leaked email and them possibly joining the S&P. 🤔

The whole thing is inflated. Its just a matter of time before everyone realizes that fact and fully understands the effects of Covid and the massive stimulus on the economy. I think this roller coaster will continue for at least a year until we get back to fundamentals.

I always get it to land on the cookie side, never fails. Don’t know why I still bet on the cream part. 🤔

Well my crappy Oreo flip landed MU, turd side down.
Only saving grace is today the Oreo landed right on a clean spot with GIS Puts sold this morning. I enjoyed both the cookie and the cream this round.

Thankfully my hobby money is not played all on one stock or Micron would have chopped that in half with a matter of minutes of public trading.
Unfortunate, I got cold feet pulled out four of my six calls and switched those to cheaper puts to create a bit of a last minute strangle pre earnings. So I didn't totally bite the bullet but I sure as hell am not enjoying turd touched Oreo. Had I forgotten I had six calls for MU, I would have doubled that little piece of money. But now had to go and get somewhat smart and play a reserved strangle and took a bit of a beating.

Last edited:
I can't believe the growth Tesla has had the last few days. I didn't get on that train thinking it wasn't going anywhere good. Boy was I wrong.

Did nothing today. Stared at the screen, did some work outside, but nothing on the portfolio. Experience tells me not to force anything if it isn't there, and it sure wasn't there today. Hard to makes any sense. Yesterday, no news, up over 1%. Today, good news on vaccine trials, tried to eek out a decent gain but ended just a bit higher and Dow was actually lower. Nasdaq still acting like the best in class. Any thoughts? Regardless of your market experience, just general thoughts are great.
Leaning toward writing this off to end of month positioning. We will see how the next week or so goes. Earnings are coming and anything related to the consumer might make shareholders vomit, so maybe there will be opportunity?

I can't believe the growth Tesla has had the last few days. I didn't get on that train thinking it wasn't going anywhere good. Boy was I wrong.

I bought GM instead of Tesla on 3/17. I figured with the low fuel prices that the electric vehicles wouldn't be as hot of a commodity.

I'm sitting on a 28% return so far on GM, I would be sitting on a 186% return if I had bought Tesla instead. :confused:

Elon is the masturtweeter.....
I'd say he's in the top running for that title w/ Trump. 🤣

I hopped into AMD yesterday w/ October Calls... With an Outperform Status and $60-65 assessment, I thought it a fair call.

With that said, I apologize to anyone who may hold positions w/ AMD as today, of the semiconductors/microchip big names, AMD dropped whereas others fed in green pastures. 🥴

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back