Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

NEWHunter

I spent about 10% of my available cash today on some shares of SPY for the IRA. I’ll probably continue to buy if the market keeps dropping. Anybody else start buying today or are you waiting?

not yet, need atleast another 10% drop and some more clarity about how widespread and how much economical impacts of the coronavirus

Not yet for me either, also doing my best not to sell in fear lol. I have my eye on NVDA and AMD as they've been dropping a lot but were killing it beforehand.

I threw some money at MRNA. They're about to test their first Coronavirus vaccination for humans!

I spent about 10% of my available cash today on some shares of SPY for the IRA. I’ll probably continue to buy if the market keeps dropping. Anybody else start buying today or are you waiting?
I pulled the trigger today on my new-to-me (used) 300 Win mag and am looking forward to it. I got a good price, a fair price, but with care it should hold it's value or even appreciate. Like you, used some of my available cash. Gun prices are a bit cyclical, Jan Feb oftentimes good. We'll see, right!

Not yet. This is an unprecedented event and the first community outbreak we see in the US is likely to result in another massive leg down. Have to wait for the fog to clear and then it’s time to buy the fire sale.

Nibbled on SPX for a tradable bounce this week. The virus isn’t the problem, just the catalyst. Valuations are the problem. Still 18x forward p/e with the e dropping. Tech shares especially too expensive.

I am positioned for a big drop and hope it happens. Might buy T today because they won't be effected if virus gets even more out of hand and not a bad dividend. I am sick of point creep. I want to hunt and dad isnt getting younger at 72 with 20 elk points. I need the economy to tank so we can draw unit 76 muzzleloader. My question is he going to be able to handle the terrain and altitude when we do draw but with as many points as we have doesnt make sense to do anything else. Maybe we should look at different unit that is lower and flatter. Even thinking we should just do a ranch hunt instead of diy because of his growing limitations. Will trade investment ideas for unit or hunt ideas.

Not yet. This is an unprecedented event and the first community outbreak we see in the US is likely to result in another massive leg down. Have to wait for the fog to clear and then it’s time to buy the fire sale.

By the time the fog clears, the market will have already ripped higher. The time to buy is when things look and feel the worst. It's impossible to know when that is though. Maybe the worst we're going to see was yesterday. Maybe it's yet to come (my guess). However, nobody knows and hindsight is the only way to know. If a person has a lot of cash in their portfolio right now and is looking to put it to work, I would absolutely be buying at least some. Buy a little and average down if it keeps going down.

Closed out of my SPX position this morning. Markets should see more volatility but these dips have been bought strong before, so I could be wrong.
Latest news is Finland and Greece have confirmed cases and State Department has issued a Travel Advisory for multiple countries and that list is just going to grow. We have to assume containment has failed. What we watch for now is increasing news from individual companies that Q1 (and maybe Q2?) rev and earnings will be impacted. It is impossible to model, but markets will try to figure out how much loss in global consumption is simply pushed to the next quarter and how much is lost permanently. Right now we are 6% off all-time highs.

By the time the fog clears, the market will have already ripped higher. The time to buy is when things look and feel the worst. It's impossible to know when that is though. Maybe the worst we're going to see was yesterday. Maybe it's yet to come (my guess). However, nobody knows and hindsight is the only way to know. If a person has a lot of cash in their portfolio right now and is looking to put it to work, I would absolutely be buying at least some. Buy a little and average down if it keeps going down.
I’m never a seller (not even now) not for another 15 years anyway and consistently add to my positions on dips. That said, this time feels different for me and maybe I’m wrong (actually really hope that I am). Another 5% lower and adding is going to be irresistible, if that doesn’t happen oh well, I will have missed a good dip. Even without covid19 though, if Bernie takes Super Tuesday I don’t see how we aren’t going to tank some more...

Holding. I was up 28% year to date prior to this week. I feel good that it will bounce back. Whenever I try to time the market I always seem to miss out a little.

All you guys buying in the dip can thank me for my "awesome luck". I moved a large chunk of money into the market last week... then it dipped. I have been born with a special gift for timing markets... I bought my first house in 2007 and was forced to sell in 2009 due to a job change - took an $80k bath on that one! Fun times!

All you guys buying in the dip can thank me for my "awesome luck". I moved a large chunk of money into the market last week... then it dipped. I have been born with a special gift for timing markets... I bought my first house in 2007 and was forced to sell in 2009 due to a job change - took an $80k bath on that one! Fun times!
What are you looking to buy next?;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back