Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

A lot of people hold cash waiting for a correction and then get one but can't stomach putting it to work. If you feel a little nauseous hitting the buy button, that is probably a good time. Just don't look at the market for 3 months after, because you probably didn't buy at the bottom.

Yep that's exactly right. The worse it feels, probably the better the buy.

I bought 1/10000 share of BRK.A
This is probably about the sanest response. I'm willing to bet ol' Warren has more savvy on when to buy, or not, than most and he has $128 Billion on hand to scoop up what he likes based on valuations not emotions. Smart move.

Article I read today said next Wednesday is the day to look at buying. Sellers lick their wounds all weekend on a Friday fall and keep selling off on Monday and Tuesday's. Interesting observation, we'll see.

Article I read today said next Wednesday is the day to look at buying. Sellers lick their wounds all weekend on a Friday fall and keep selling off on Monday and Tuesday's. Interesting observation, we'll see.

I get a lot of articles from big firms titled "how to protect your 401K" or "Our take on recent market Volatility". The advice is always the same - stay the course. Not sure how that protects my 401(k) now, but the advice is free so I get what I pay for I guess.
Virus news will not abate over the WE, but let's see if we see any global Central bank action. That might cause a bump, but this isn't a problem solved with money and the market seems to know it. It is all about fear and people pulling into shells and not spending. Some still talking about a retest of December 2018 lows on S&P at 2350ish. Ouch. That would take a lot of bad news, but it isn't getting better so maybe...

I get a lot of articles from big firms titled "how to protect your 401K" or "Our take on recent market Volatility". The advice is always the same - stay the course. Not sure how that protects my 401(k) now, but the advice is free so I get what I pay for I guess.
Virus news will not abate over the WE, but let's see if we see any global Central bank action. That might cause a bump, but this isn't a problem solved with money and the market seems to know it. It is all about fear and people pulling into shells and not spending. Some still talking about a retest of December 2018 lows on S&P at 2350ish. Ouch. That would take a lot of bad news, but it isn't getting better so maybe...
Everyone has all the answers after the fact....same old song and dance. But with TNX dumping 7 in a row, there wasnt even a desk hide under once the blood bath started. So what do we expect anyone to stay other then stay the course?

I am backing the truck up till things turn or run out of cash.

2 more “community transmitted” cases of Corona virus in US- California and Oregon. We know that testing procedures and criteria in US were lacking for weeks. This news will get worse before it gets better. Administration keeps saying it is under control and just another media hoax. Tread carefully on buying this dip. I remember Bernanke saying the subprime mortgage problem was contained in mid 2007. They lost credibility with the market as it got a lot worse.

It might get better. The commercial rates I watch dropped 40 basis points this week.
With mortgage rates lagging behind the 10 year note it just might. Fannie and Freddie are holding their breath hoping to avoid going lower. It seems like a game of chicken at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back