American Prairie Reserve Purchases 14,000 Acre Ranch

I would love to see a credible source for this hearsay. Could you please provide one?

That may be the best conspiracy theory that I’ve heard. The APR is buying up land so that their rich donors can go on safari. 😂
You haven't heard?

AP has hired a pachyderm biologist to improve their herd of rhinos', hippo's, and elephant for their safari clients.

Gila told me all about it, he got the information from a local.

(sorry, mtmuley, if this offends you.
SA, it doesn't offend me. My family has been in Montana a long time too. Still have the family farms up North. ( Heading up to antelope hunt) Looking forward to how the APR evolves regarding access and how they control what and what can't be hunted. That's all. mtmuley

SA, it doesn't offend me. My family has been in Montana a long time too. Still have the family farms up North. ( Heading up to antelope hunt) Looking forward to how the APR evolves regarding access and how they control what and what can't be hunted. That's all. mtmuley
APR has evolved to AP...just so you know.

Also wondering if you're equally concerned with how access and hunting control is "evolving" on the Wilkes properties, CB ranch, etc. etc.?

APR has evolved to AP...just so you know.

Also wondering if you're equally concerned with how access and hunting control is "evolving" on the Wilkes properties, CB ranch, etc. etc.?
The CB. Really? Love how you threw that in there. There are other landowners here in the Root making as much of If not bigger impact on the elk in the Root. Totally different discussion. Thanks though. mtmuley

The CB. Really? Love how you threw that in there. There are other landowners here in the Root making as much of If not bigger impact on the elk in the Root. Totally different discussion. Thanks though. mtmuley
No it's not a different discussion...how has the CB public access "evolved"?

It's exactly the same and frankly how either controls access or how access "evolves" on either is none of your business or concern.

You're as selective and disengenuius in your "concern" as Gila.

Your ax grinding and butt hurt about AP access is beyond obvious.

Also, the etc. etc would include those other root properties and others across the State. I'm curious which others you are concerned about regarding evolving hunting control and public access about?

Last edited:
No it's not a different discussion...how has the CB public access "evolved"?

It's exactly the same and frankly how either controls access or how access "evolves" on either is none of your business or concern.

You're as selective and disengenuius in your "concern" as Gila.

Your ax grinding and butt hurt about AP access is beyond obvious.

Also, the etc. etc would include those other root properties and others across the State. I'm curious which others you are concerned about regarding evolving hunting control and public access about?
Have a nice evening. mtmuley

Okay guys, ceasefire.

Actually, of all the "Save the Cowboy" signs I have seen in Montana the last couple of hunting seasons, exactly zero of those ranches allowed public hunting. All were posted liberally. As a hunter of public animals I really don't see any reason to object to APR. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I wish I could 😍 and 😂 at the same time…..

That is all.

"Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are sure to be defeated in every battle."

Anyone seen Gila?

He seems to have went silent.

I was going to ask him for some elk hunting advice.

I also wanted to find out how I could get on the list for the first AP safari, I mean, I am a donor and all.
I was out doing my daily ranch chores. No holiday out here. I have Fences to fix but not much. I live on the open range where we have to brand our cattle. Gee, that sounds a lot like the Missouri Breaks now doesn’t it?

HIGH END SAFARIS was his EXACT words!
But that will change. “Five years from now, you’ll have the infrastructure here for a more upscale experience,” said Mr. Bryan of Off the Beaten Path. Already, the American Prairie Foundation has opened an upscale ranch house on the land it has preserved.

“A lot of folks we’re bringing out here have been to places like Africa and stayed in some of those extravagant lodges,” said Mr. Garrity, the foundation president. The customers, he says, are often pleased to find that the prairie accommodations, though hardly as plush, come near to what they expect.”

This is from their website, maybe you should read it some time!

Bison free of bovine DNA
Bring down the fences so the Pronghorn can migrate
Reintroduce wolves
Reintroduce cougar
Manage climate change on APR lands

They are catering to the wealthy “eco tourist” as well.

Bison free of bovine DNA
Reintroduce wolves
Reintroduce cougar
Extraordinarily evil. Would’ve been better if the Wilks’ bought it.

I was out doing my daily ranch chores. No holiday out here. I have Fences to fix but not much. I live on the open range where we have to brand our cattle. Gee, that sounds a lot like the Missouri Breaks now doesn’t it?

HIGH END SAFARIS was his EXACT words!
But that will change. “Five years from now, you’ll have the infrastructure here for a more upscale experience,” said Mr. Bryan of Off the Beaten Path. Already, the American Prairie Foundation has opened an upscale ranch house on the land it has preserved.

“A lot of folks we’re bringing out here have been to places like Africa and stayed in some of those extravagant lodges,” said Mr. Garrity, the foundation president. The customers, he says, are often pleased to find that the prairie accommodations, though hardly as plush, come near to what they expect.”

This is from their website, maybe you should read it some time!

Bison free of bovine DNA
Reintroduce wolves
Reintroduce cougar

They are catering to the wealthy “eco tourist” as well.

May I suggest hooked on phonics and a comprehension course?

You're half baked, best case.

My buddy’s Drahthaar got into a lion about 15 miles southeast of Malta. Must’ve been an APR escapee.
My uncle and I ran into one while camping and fishing the breaks when I was a kid, before the APR existed. USWFS and FWP have had collared lions in the breaks for a long ass time.

What did you expect hunting an import dog like that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back