Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

American Prairie Reserve Purchases 14,000 Acre Ranch

I'll just say what everyone is thinking.

You're just flat talking out of your ass.

Your questions have been answered in the many American Prairie threads.

You're not looking very hard if you can't find the answers to the questions you're asking.

Fact is, you're looking for a conspiracy theory reason to downplay the good AP does for wildlife, habitat, public access, hunting, etc. etc.

Best thing to happen to the breaks in my lifetime is American Prairie...and there is no arguing that, period.
Have you fished or hunted the Breaks? Do you know or have you talked to any of the local ranchers? Have you even been there before? If the answer is no to any of the above questions, then who is talking out of who’s arse?

Conspiracy theories? man what are you smokin? If you have the answers then where are they?

Have you fished or hunted the Breaks? Do you know or have you talked to any of the local ranchers? Have you even been there before? If the answer is no to any of the above questions, then who is talking out of who’s arse?

Conspiracy theories? man what are you smokin? If you have the answers then where are they?
Yes to all of your questions, including long before you knew the breaks ever existed.

Are you for real?

Here you go, some hunting and fishing in the breaks:

IMG_4628.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

That's Fort Peck, just so you're not confused:

IMG_4721.JPG

DSC00061.JPG

DSC00089.JPG

DSC00064.JPG

This ain't a donkey, in case you've never seen one in the breaks.

DSC00094.JPG

Here's a nice talk I had with a typical local.

The first rifle bull tag I had in the breaks, I asked a local, who just gave me a sob story about 5K in elk damage to her fences if I could fill my either sex elk tag on a cow on her place. I only had a couple more days to hunt and had passed about 50 bulls by then.

She laughed and told me "no way, we have paying clients coming and we don't want you spooking the elk off". Those the locals you're asking if I talked to? Yes, yes I did.

Or would it be the ones that are posting "don't buffalo me" signs and "save the cowboy" both of which were proudly displayed on the ranch that denied me access to take one shot killing a cow elk that were doing them 5k in damage a year? Yeah, they'd be the same "locals".

I also talked with Dan, one of the managers on the APR, great guy for a few hours the last time my Dad drew the breaks bull permit. Very interesting guy, we didn't talk about the hunting on the ranch, even though we could see and hear elk bugling the entire time we talked. We talked about AP management, endangered species, habitat management, even cattle and bison grazing, and other wildlife management goals that AP has for their properties. Dan had a lot of experience and we shared a common background in resource management so the conversation was a good one for both of us.

If you want to educate yourself, Rinella did a long podcast with AP that you can listen to. Or you can fire up your google machine and stroll through the information AP has on the web. Better yet, you can give them a call and talk directly to various members of their staff.

Your "questions" weren't questions, and you know this. It was a typical disinformation campaign, so thin on anything to do with reality its hilarious.

Any more conspiracies you want to discuss?

There is talk that they want to have “high-end” safaris like they do in Africa. Does that mean that their “high-end” donors are the only ones that get to hunt?

I would love to see a credible source for this hearsay. Could you please provide one?

That may be the best conspiracy theory that I’ve heard. The APR is buying up land so that their rich donors can go on safari. 😂

Well at least we have something in common. Where are my answers?
Something we don't have in common, the ability to research and go to the source for answering your "questions".

You couldn't read "sign" in a foot of fresh snow...

Go back to the Aug 2019 discussion in this same thread where Gila falsely states that APR does not allow elk hunting. Recently I just thought his "suspicious questions" to APR and his apparent disinformation was just innocently naive and uninformed, but now it's clear he is trying to cast aspersions and continue to express completely false information.
SHAME ON YOU, Gila. You are full of shit! (sorry, mtmuley, if this offends you. My family and I have been mt alot longer than you and that is an authentic Montana expression!)

"Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated. When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your chances of winning or losing are equal. If ignorant both of your enemy and of yourself, you are sure to be defeated in every battle."

Back