Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Your top 3 picks for a concealed carry?

First off no matter what anyone says here you need to shoot them yourself and see how they feel to you. Don't just buy something we all seem to like ourselves. You never stated what type of office and what clothes you will be wearing, so here we go.

With people coming into offices with AR's are stuff like that, I would never go with a 6 shooter, period.

1. Sig P365 XMacro - 17+1 and it fits like a glove in my hands
2. Sig 365X or XL - 12+1 and the again in my hand it's great.
3. Glock 48 - 10+1

Have tried many many over the years and the Sig P365 (and variants) are so much better imo than any of the others I don't have a #2 or #3 unles just reciting sub-variants of 365 platform. Walther PPS M2 would be a distant #4

As for Ruger LC9 - had two. Wanted to love them but both were jam machines with personal defense ammo in full or nearly full mags. Had a buddy who told me I was doing something wrong and we took our rugers to the range together. He ran through a box of cheap fmj ammo flawlessly and declared victory - and then I handed him two or three common HD rounds including my fav speer gold dot. All jammed a number of times with full magazine. He sold his ruger shortly there after. A good reminder to do a fair percentage of practice with the ammo you will actually carry even if it costs you a few bucks.

Have tried many many over the years and the Sig P365 (and variants) are so much better imo than any of the others I don't have a #2 or #3 unles just reciting sub-variants of 365 platform. Walther PPS M2 would be a distant #4

As for Ruger LC9 - had two. Wanted to love them but both were jam machines with personal defense ammo in full or nearly full mags. Had a buddy who told me I was doing something wrong and we took our rugers to the range together. He ran through a box of cheap fmj ammo flawlessly and declared victory - and then I handed him two or three common HD rounds including my fav speer gold dot. All jammed a number of times with full magazine. He sold his ruger shortly there after. A good reminder to do a fair percentage of practice with the ammo you will actually carry even if it costs you a few bucks.

Funny you bring that up had a very similar situation recently with someone who bought a gun for bear protection, shot a box cheap ammo and then loaded it with a bunch of +P to take into the field without trying it out.

Full size beretta 92FS
Revolver Taurus 605 .357 magnum
Compact Diamondback DB9

Found the DB9 purely by accident. Like them so much, I bought a total of three of them. I’d buy more, but the gun store can’t seem to get any more ordered. Seems to be the EDC for me since regardless of what I’m doing.

Any slim single stack in 9mm. My personal preference would be G43 or G43x depending on how you like the grip size. Springfield XDS also felt nice to me.

Glock 32 (my edc)
S&W airweight 38 special. (Sometimes)
Ruger redhawk 454 casull for when I wanna ask someone if they’re feeling lucky.

• G43 with Taran Tactical +2 magazine baseplates for warm weather or polite company
  • G29 in cooler weather or if I'm out in the boondocks
  • Laugh, but I loved* my Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special for hunting in the swamps. CCI No. 4 snakeshot will roll an ornery serpent and warm .44 Specials are plenty for a hog at close range.

*Loved, that is, until I ran a few too many Buffalo Bore loads through it and the barrel twisted loose from the frame.

Summertime = Hammerless snub nose 38 revolver so you can shoot though your pant pocket, BUT always remember to put the fire out.

I don't carry but if I did it'd be a 38 J F frame Snub, a Kimber Super Carry Pro 45, or a SIG P229 in .40 S&W...like the wheel for reliability but like the slides' round count (and thump)...yes I realize, more difficult to conceal

My everyday carry is a Walther PPK .380. Others that I will carry instead.....
Shield 9mm
M&P 9mm (double stack)
For summertime pocket gun - Kimber Micro 380

...this is not responsible advice to give.
Are they not talking about CONCEALED carry . So in the summer time where are you going to carry a weapon that can be easy to get to and fire. The idea is to protect YOURSELF and OTHERS in any way possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back