MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Your top 3 picks for a concealed carry?

Comfort and printing. Round count (and everything I suppose) is personal preference. As a bigger guy, having a thinner profile would be more comfortable, therefor more likely to consistently carry it.
Yeah, these new micro and compact pistols with 10, 12, and 15 round capacities are no larger than the single stacks.
In 2018 Sig Sauer figured out a way to accomplish a larger capacity without increasing dimensions with their P365 series and they crushed the market... and everybody else has been copying them the past couple of years.

Straight out of the box it’s hard not to choose a Glock 19.

I don’t like the glock grip angle so I prefer Smith and Wesson M&P’s for a go to out of the box gun.

But, I’ve always loved 1911’s and have had about a dozen of them ranging for factory to full customs. For various reasons this is the one I couldn’t do without and my main carry. It’s been through it.

Attachments

• 9E83F442-D623-45AE-A6A7-F3968E8C3FFF.jpeg
    9E83F442-D623-45AE-A6A7-F3968E8C3FFF.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • CFFA5F37-D84B-4EC7-8756-D466E98E05A5.jpeg
    CFFA5F37-D84B-4EC7-8756-D466E98E05A5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Very interesting that Glock 26 has not popped up in this thread.
Never ever warmed up to the 26, my list above includes the 36 though. I carried the heck out of one, daily for about 8 years. At the time, I preferred the narrow frame and .45 projectiles, to the odd shape/balance of the 26 and 9mm. Balance is what really sets the P365 apart from the others, especially the Shield.

Last edited:
Never ever warm up to the 26, my list above includes the 36 though. I carried the heck out of one, daily for about 8 years. At the time, I preferred the narrow frame and .45 projectiles, to the odd shape/balance of the 26 and 9mm. Balance is what really sets the P365 apart from the others, especially the Shield.
Agreed. I absolutely hate the 26. I ordered one sight unseen and knew as soon as I picked it up it would be miserable to carry and shoot. I put one mag through it and confirmed its an awkward little pos.

Sig P365 - I need to get a better holster and I need to drop the 10 pounds I've gained.
Other then that I liked the SP101 and previously a Commander or smaller size 1911.

Glock 23. It works. Every time. 180 gr. Hollow point .40 makes ‘em sick !

Sig 365XL with Wilson Combat grip or Glock 48 gets carried most often. Carry Glock 19 gen 5 in fall or winter some but dont gain much with the G19 over the G48 or P365XL. Ruger LCP max 380 with 12 rd magazine when need something that's real small.

With the modular design of the P365 if I just had to pick one or two guns this would be it. Can buy the P365 then a XL grip/mags and Xmacro grip/mags. Grips are super easy to switch out. I may buy a Xmacro grip when Wilson Combat releases one, factory grip does feel much nicer than the factory P365xl grip tho. Xmacro grip would need a different holster than P365. My only complaint with Sig is magazine cost.

Favorite pistols would be 1911's and metal framed Sigs but don't carry them.

Last edited:
I have zero experience but the price was too good. I just ordered a Taurus GX4 micro 9mm. They're something like $200 after rebate. It should be here just before Thanksgiving

G43x with the shield arms S2 magazine. 15 round flush fitting mag. If you want it concealed with pretty much whatever you're wearing get an Enigma.

I only own a chief’s special (S&W Mod 36) but can’t even carry it locally, or at least without a difficult to get and steeply conditioned permit 😖. I do bring it west to bounce off a bear* or lion but always wonder if that would just aggravate them. But it’s nice and compact to have on person while around camp to gently dissuade any meddling snoops and thieves.

* I have found that the noisy click from unbuttoning the holster strap is sufficient medicine for black bear. 🤣

Last edited:
Glock 20. When something is in the way, shoot through and hit the target….😜
This is the correct answer but tough to conceal unless you're roughly the size of Shaq. That said, when I'm way back in deep somewhere, I *want* whatever two-legged critter that stumbles upon me to quickly recognize I am armed. Armed society is a polite society and all that.

Glock 48 MOS with TLR-7sub and Holosun 407k has become my choice. With Shield Arms mags it's 15+1 in a slimmer package than a G19.
dOHx8UW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back