Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Your top 3 picks for a concealed carry?

I carry the Springfield XDS 9mm. I also have it chambered in 40 caliber but the 9mm fits better in my hand. I actually shoot better with the 9mm because of that.

As someone that played competitive golf for years, I will say that your equipment should fit you. The grip, the trigger, the sight, how the gun performs in your hand is all attributed to these elements and your should carry the one that fits best and that you are confident in the most god forbid you ever have to use it to stop a threat.

It really depends on the situation.

I consider handguns to be simply tools in a toolbox and one size does not fit all.

I carried a gun for a living for roughly 3 decades so over the course of time, I accumulated a few tools of the trade.

One that I very rarely consider a primary, but was a constant companion as a secondary/backup gun, and now serves as a gun for situations when carrying a full size proper fighting handgun is not practical is my old J Frame 442.

It has seen literally more than 5,000 rounds through it over the years. It may be long in the tooth, but it still is a solid shooter.

I keep it stoked with full wadcutters, as they will penetrate deep and straight.

Gn1mnjDl.jpg

For day to day, I may grab a Glock 9mm or a 1911 .45 of some flavor probably 90% of the time.

I ran a Glock 19 overseas:

TGHc7ogl.jpg

T0YzPvAl.jpg

Still use the same well traveled Milt Sparks holster back here at home for concealed carry, hiking in the mountains or whatever.

vN7rrVgl.jpg

Plus I tend to carry 1911s frequently as well.

fKGWHLzl.jpg

4uLkXDel.jpg

aq1RbkGl.jpg

These days I keep myself busy making ammo

Beats being required to carry a gun for a living and is far more relaxing and less stressful.

:)

I have been known to carry a 10mm too.

Especially in Yogi the Bear country!

kZOKnSll.jpg

NZKrwjNl.jpg

I make a 200 grain hardcast flatpoint that I use for a daily carry/general purpose load and it works slick as snake snot for my Glock.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back