Your top 3 picks for a concealed carry?

When I'm hunting in certain areas I carry my snubnose .38spec. Will it be effective against grizz? absolutely not. But I have spray for that.

To be honest I've been more worried about the humans out there recently. People are crazy.

First off no matter what anyone says here you need to shoot them yourself and see how they feel to you. Don't just buy something we all seem to like ourselves. You never stated what type of office and what clothes you will be wearing, so here we go.

With people coming into offices with AR's are stuff like that, I would never go with a 6 shooter, period.

1. Sig P365 XMacro - 17+1 and it fits like a glove in my hands
2. Sig 365X or XL - 12+1 and the again in my hand it's great.
3. Glock 48 - 10+1

Yeah that is why I asked for your top 3. I will tally the results and use them to start my search. I figure that is I can get it narrowed down to the 3-4 most popular then I will start there and see how the feel and what I like etc…

for me:

S&W 640 (38. Special 125gr. for PD, 180gr. hand loaded penetrators when I'm in bear country)
Ruger LCP (ball ammo only)
Springfield Hellcat

I'm really tempted to find a proper small single-stack 9mm...

Are they not talking about CONCEALED carry . So in the summer time where are you going to carry a weapon that can be easy to get to and fire. The idea is to protect YOURSELF and OTHERS in any way possible.
How do yo intend to hit your target above their waist, much less at all??? Do you go out to the range and practice marksmanship through your jeans???

Any slim single stack in 9mm. My personal preference would be G43 or G43x depending on how you like the grip size. Springfield XDS also felt nice to me.
Why settle for a single stack when all major manufacturers are making double stacks that hold 10,12, and 15 rounds that are smaller than the single stacks of four years ago?

Check out the Sig Sauer P365 series. The "cat's meow" IMO.

Springfiield, Ruger, S&W, and Sig have all come out with lightweight, compact (micro) pistols that hold 10,12 and 15 +1 rounds that are as small or smaller than their counterparts of just a couple years ago... but are still very shootable for CCW purposes.

For EDC I like my M&P Shield 9mm. If I am feeling like a wheel gun, then I have a SP100 .357. This one is definitely a little more difficult to conceal. But I like to have it with me on outdoor adventures where I may be more concerned about 4-legged critters than 2-legged ones. If I was to purchase a new EDC I'd be looking at the Sig P365.

Why settle for a single stack when all major manufacturers are making double stacks that hold 10,12, and 15 rounds that are smaller than the single stacks of four years ago?
Comfort and printing. Round count (and everything I suppose) is personal preference. As a bigger guy, having a thinner profile would be more comfortable, therefor more likely to consistently carry it.

For everyday carry I like my S&W Shield c9. small, light and hides away really well. Easy shooting. If for some unknown reason I went to Portland I'd carry my Ruger P-89. larger and quite a bit heavier than the S&W but 16 rd magazines. With the S&W I carry one extra mag but with the Ruger I carry two. Past couple years Portland has turned into a war zone! That's why a different gun. easiest way to deal with Portland and safest is to simply stay away!

IWB is my Walther PPS with an extra magazine.

OWB but still concealed.
Springfield Armory Champion 1911 in 45ACP.
Also my Walther PPQ M2 in 45ACP.

But the PPQ gets swapped out & about equal carry as my H&K VP9.

Neighbor & his wife carry Springfield XDS. Him 45ACP. Her 9mm.

My daughter carries a XDS 9mm.

2 friends Glock 43s.

If I'm wearing a jacket, it's my. 380 M&P Bodyguard. Otherwise, it's my Barretta .25 Jetfire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back