Caribou Gear

Wolf day

Wolf Hunt

Randy, Just watched 1st show....I wanted to be with ya so bad,,,,,lol.....Your insight to worlf hunting, and Speaking of the feds to stay out of our animal control, is way past due...Most Outfitters stay clear of voiceing thier opinion, for fear of bad Publicity...You always stand up for what's right...Tks for eveything.. See Ya in the mountains in colorado this Nov... Tks Danny C

Randy the statement about sportsman bringing back game in general and that predators need managing because we have worked so hard to rebuild what was once almost gone is a statement that I live by.
If any of you get the chance watch the DVD Back From the Brink, Montnas Wildlife Legacy and you will see why I'm so proud to be a sportsman and a hunter and you will also.
We as outdoorsman paved the way to sustain wildlife and there habitat and will continue.
There is no way we can have the wolf population we had in the 1800's
The wolf will survive the same as the coyote has and become stronger and harder to hunt. The coyote has been trapped and hunted without any regulations and the population thrives. It the wolf was to be kept on the endangered species list how do you protect the moose from being endangered and maybe being exstinct. Management period.
Sorry if I may ramble on but the wolf debate but it strikes a nerve and because my dad grew up in the early 1900's and told me how hard it was to even find game let alone shoot a deer or elk.

Randy keep on doing it your way and on your own and telling the true story.

I watched the first episode w/my gf. We both enjoyed it very much and are eagerly awaiting the conclusion!

I missed the first episode due to fishing in northern mn. with the wolves and my family.

Just caught the finale and it was well worth the wait.

Awesome job guys, I followed along last year also, but the show was pretty damn cool. There was no question where you stand on this issue, unlike quite a few afraid of the repercussions of airing an episode such as this.

Hope to pull a tag here and try my own hand at scaring some wolves.

Both shows were outstanding, I cant beleve how I was on the edge of the couch waiting for that wolf to get smoked! :D

Great second episode!!!

It just shows how hard the wolf is to locate let alone shoot one. The wolf will survive as the coyote has and the coyote has no regulations and has been hunted and trapped for decades.

Awesome show. Kudos to you guys for being willing to take a long shot that you guys practice. I practice out at long range in all sorts of weather and don't see any reason to not do it IF you are capable of doing it. What did you guys shoot the wolf with? I don't remember from the original hunt thread. There was alot of blood in the snow like it got tore up pretty good for a long distance shot.

Awesome 2nd episode! I just watched it with my gf (DVR'ed it earlier) and she really enjoyed it too. I showed her her 1st wolf last fall during the rifle season, it was a black one too, and now she wants me to kill one also. I've seen 4 in the last 2 years near where I live so hopefully one day I too can feel the thrill you two felt. Congrats again to both of you for a great hunt and to you Randy for taking the stance you have in such a public forum!

What did you guys shoot the wolf with? There was a lot of blood in the snow like it got tore up pretty good for a long distance shot.

Pretty sure .308, know it was Howa topped with Leupold scopes. IIRC "finishing shots" were required at the end.

I was hoping for a shot of the teeth!!....(said the dentist) and another word about how many deer and elk were saved that day. Well done Big Fin and crittergetter.

very nice 2nd wolf show,,,good job,looks like they can really cover alot of ground fast,hopefully ill have an opertunity when i go to idaho this november elk hunting,if one happens along maybe ill get lucky.

AND they can turn on a dime. Never under estimate them. A fabulous animal to hunt. 180 yds last year and all I came up with was DIRT, but they were on the run. JMHO that anybody who connects is in the right place at the right time. Things happen waaay fast with them.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back