Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Treat it no different than K-12. Just make it an extension of the public school system, but with outcome-based metrics designed to get people to a better life.
I disagree, I think it waters down the benefits and will make those that want to separate themselves from the rest have to pursue masters and doctorates. Which just simply prevents good workers from joining the workforce soon.

It’s the choice we, society, made 300-500k in debt. Anyway back on topic.

Doctors do ok in the end, but because of their reality they don't choose to work in inner city Chicago or on the rez... which is the problem. The military option is one that a couple of our friends have pursued, but it severally limits your choices in specialty, works for some but it isn't a blanket solution.

This applies to the topic at hand because, as everyone on this thread probably thinks, new gun laws won't do a lick of good and will continue to get more and more stringent as the problem persists. EG. CA, NY, and Chicago.

Imagine the stress I induce in my liberal friends with ^ argument... ;)

I disagree, I think it waters down the benefits and will make those that want to separate themselves from the rest have to pursue masters and doctorates. Which just simply prevents good workers from joining the workforce soon.

I think the idea Ben is alluding to is the one proposed that would make various trade schools free as well. I think if people had the free option to choose either lots of folks would opt out of becoming history majors.

Pretty sure that job is getting on TV popping pimples.

That's the D in R.O.A.D to happiness... kinda terrifying that the person popping your pimples had board scores much higher than the person taking out your appendicitis.

The idea that everyone needs a 4 year degree ignores the reality of what community colleges & vocational colleges offer.

But an associate's degree produces well rounded individuals who can quote Emerson while welding a fine bead.

Last edited:
I think the idea Ben is alluding to is the one proposed that would make various trade schools free as well. I think if people had the free option to choose either lots of folks would opt out of becoming history majors.
Nothing is free, someone has to pay. I do like his idea of public service as the payback for what is effectively a student loan.

The guy with the .50 is named Brandon Lewis and is a small business owner doing more for gun rights than any of you trying to diminish the importance of this rally.
Also here is a great representation of the message they want to send:
View attachment 126036
Go ahead, get bent and stay offended.

Well at least he is prepared if a Graboid attacks!

D9B3CFB2-90BD-48F8-807D-E5A0C3DE9D98.gif

That's a good headline from a major news outlet. Hats off to the folks in VA that weren't there shooting holes in our boat.

"At tense Virginia rally, demonstrators reject extremists, defend law-abiding gun owners"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back