Pulaski NY Salmon

Nuts

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2025
Messages
495
I am up right now for our annual trip. Its always a good time. I never take it to seriously. The fish are easy to catch. And are not good eating IMO. Although plenty of people get excited to eat them. There is so many people its crazy. And they take it way serious. Seams every year I run into someone who thinks they own the public river. Before I started walking farther I always ran into someone who arrived at 9am and asked everyone to move. This has been there spot for years. And they are serious. 1 year after coming in for lunch I went back out and found a nice rock to stand on. After and hour a guy comes up and tells me he is fishing there??? Said he just went in and took a nap and is ready to fish again and had been on the rock all morning. Its his spot. I have never met people like that before coming here. SO I walk back in and its a different group of people compared to the people 50yds from there truck. The kings this year are big IMO. But also pretty dead. They make some short strong runs but gas quick compared to some other years. Perhaps the low water has something to do with it. More apt to sit like a log then make a run. Arrived yesterday at dinner. Caught 4 in about and hour and then broke my St. Croix fly rod. Ugh.
Tomorrow we will be joined by a couple buddies including 1 with his new girlfriend. I am kind of excited to see her show some people up. (True Alaskan native) She was warned of the craziness and the NYC reputation and those folks, But she wanted to do it none the less. My back up fly rods will arrive with that group. We will all be fishing with antique bamboo rods. Should be a blast. Did see Coho and Steelhead yesterday but only caught kings

Who has done this?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,165
Messages
2,251,948
Members
39,105
Latest member
Booner
Back
Top