Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I JUST SAW SOMEONE CORNER HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Huntalk turned 2A into a debate about giving away free stuff.

Curious how much time and what percentage of their income those advocating these ideas spend on at-risk populations in their communities. Or are these high ideas just that, ideas?
They are ideas of that left Utopia some are working toward.

LOL. Huntalk turned 2A into a debate about giving away free stuff.

Curious how much time and what percentage of their income those advocating these ideas spend on at-risk populations in their communities. Or are these high ideas just that, ideas?

If you follow the discussion all the way through it's a conversation about policy. You could just as well ask who shows up or volunteers on gun issues.

Because after undergrad, medschool, and the interest accrued in residency many attendings start their first position with 300-500k in student loan debt at age 36 to 40, depending on specialty. They typically have no 401k, and no equity built up in a home.

So essentially starting from scratch and thus necessitating a salary that is 2x-5x what doctors in other countries are paid.

This coupled with the for profit system that you alluded to that which is based upon returning shareholder value, rather than providing a public service.

Your last sentence is correct, it is the insurance and pharmaceutical industries and hospital billing structures that are at fault for high healthcare costs. The first part of your assessment is not, coming from somebody who is very familiar with the system and who is married to somebody who has gone through it...

This conversation went down the hole fast, I've only been gone a couple hours. Lots of statists here praying to your masters for government to solve the world's problems.

This conversation went down the hole fast, I've only been gone a couple hours. Lots of statists here praying to your masters for government to solve the world's problems.
giphy.gif

I'll play devils advocate here since you seem to know everything...

If the government doesn't solve issues, who will? You? The rich? The poor?

Private insurance doesn't want to cover your abc disease, who's going to fight for your right to live? You? Now hospitals will only take you in if you have insurance or cash up front, what are you going to do?

You seem to hate the government, butI bet you use it in one way shape or form everyday.

If you follow the discussion all the way through it's a conversation about policy. You could just as well ask who shows up or volunteers on gun issues.

No, it's a discussion about taking what I earn and giving it to someone else regardless of how you try to frame it. ignoring the cost and where that money comes from is a common theme when these issues are raised.

Everyone wants to do good. I get that. How do you personally do good? You claim to care for the disadvantaged, is it just words or actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back