Caribou Gear Tarp

Vibing a bear tag. Is it the right thing to do? Poll

Is it ok to hunt just a bear tag in an Otc elk unit in Colorado this fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 84 98.8%
  • No. You’re not core.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I tried to introduce a bill to force transplants to identify themselves with a different area code, but Gianforte wasn’t a fan.
At what lengths do you become a local? ID SAY I AGREE WITH THAT! Idk if it’s “a thing” but I “identify” as a Montanan… I’ve been here more than half of my life and learned everything about myself while HERE. Both my kids born here, wife and fam all from here. This is where my last name shall spend the next 2 centuries— At least, I’d hope. I may be a transplant at the whim of my parents, but, weren’t we all; at that age? They’ve since left and come back twice since my upbringing…. I work twice as hard as any of my peers even if THEY ARE FROM HERE. Anything I don’t know I want to LEARN. That’s a promise. This is my home and I LOVE Montana. I AM a Montanan. My kids are MONTANAN. LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE let’s lose the attitude about the folks coming here. Some come here with more cash then sense- sure. They screw it all up… but some, some come here because they agree with everything this land was built on, and will vote in favor of MT. Share those policies- help those folks to share that mindset, if that’s why they’re here. Don’t condemn them.

Last edited:
At what lengths do you become a local? ID SAY I AGREE WITH THAT! Idk if it’s “a thing” but I “identify” as a Montanan… I’ve been here more than half of my life and learned everything about myself while HERE. Both my kids born here, wife and fam all from here. This is where my last name shall spend the next 2 centuries— At least, I’d hope. I may be a transplant at the whim of my parents, but, weren’t we all; at that age? They’ve since left and come back twice since my upbringing…. I work twice as hard as any of my peers even if THEY ARE FROM HERE. Anything I don’t know I want to LEARN. That’s a promise. This is my home and I LOVE Montana. I AM a Montanan. My kids are MONTANAN. LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE let’s lose the attitude about the folks coming here. Some come here with more cash then sense- sure. They screw it all up… but some, some come here because they agree with everything this land was built on and will vote in favor of MT. Share those policies help those folks to share that mindset if that’s why they’re here. Don’t condemn them.
You are allowed to call yourself a local only after 3 generations.

I’m just giving you a hard time, don’t take it too seriously.

See post #69. What ta phu$&.
My friends just used to say it as slang in San Antonio for like, go big… go for the gusto. Barge life. Haha live big. Go big. Slang comes and goes fast it’s ridiculous. My wife just informed me what WAP stands for… makes me second guess my own use of wap now… I think either verb) wap you for talking back. Or noun) usually in UK- you bloody wap… perhaps someone from the UK can fill us in on what a wap would be there?

🤯😳

“Hello, my name is Inego Montoya. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

The elk archery hunters should be glad you are out there bear hunting. I was pretty surprised at an Idaho study on the downturn of elk in the clearwater, main culprit, at the time, was bears killing elk calves. Wolves have since moved into the clearwater which combined with habitat issues resulted in that elk herd being practically gone. My experience is bear are not efficient or good hunters but they can put the beat down on elk calves. We take 2 bears almost every spring, to me its the best smokie meat you can find. Bear hunting is challenging and fun and the meat is great. I wish we could change the mentality of mainly elk hunters to pursue predators also. Its a mindset, I think ,with how many were raised to just focus exclusively on deer and elk. Go get one! You wont be disappointed and the elk hunters should be helpful once they realize you're bear hunting. I cant see how you would jack up another's elk hunt by bear hunting unless your a complete jacka$$ ha ha. I would plan on packing 120-180 including hide, skull,and meat of a decent size bear. Core,vibing,phat ass licks,barge life? That was a painful read and I am now dumber having read it. "Going full utah" is a beautiful use of words that will become a staple of mine from here on out!

Forget bear for a minute….is marmot hunting a thing? You suddenly have my undivided attention.

Heck yes marmot hunting is a thing.

And of course I have been breeding and training marmot hunting dogs for decades. Super popular. here are a couple of them after isolating a booner marmot

marmot is a super worthwhile venture. tad greasy, but tastes great.

i keep trying to plan a backpacking trip up to one of my favorite alpine lakes specifically for fresh surf and turf dinner lakeside with a fire. haven't made it happen. maybe this year will be the year for the colorado surf and turf trip report... sans fire

IMG-2787.JPGIMG-2884.JPG

For those unsure of the definition of “Core”, I have attached a video to demonstrate and provide context.

Hold up, didn’t hunt talk used to be know as
“The home of the hard CORE diy public land hunter”
Or am I making that up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back