Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Vibing a bear tag. Is it the right thing to do? Poll

Is it ok to hunt just a bear tag in an Otc elk unit in Colorado this fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 84 98.8%
  • No. You’re not core.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
So if I’m in a bear concentration zone does that mean I should stop sleeping with my food?
No just sleep with your gun, that’s always my theory on concurrent bear tags during the rifle seasons. If a bear wants to get my food it’s gonna have to fight me for it. And it would make a hell of a story! Hopefully a set of claw marks across the chest!

I have never understood why anyone would waste time/money on fall bear hunting other than locally. Spring bear is a blast but fall bear hunting not over bait sucks! I would rather pick up a elk/deer/lope tag and keep fall bear tags as opportunity or second tags. If you ever do it atleast focus on area you plan on hunting for deer/elk in future so you get something of it.
Whats the big difference between spring and fall for you? In az most of our bear hunting is in the fall. What makes spring a blast?

They say a fall bear has more fat anyway, when your shoot a bear in the spring folks say BAH HUMBUG they got no fat, stinks and skinny blah blah blah. Now they say the other way.!? Hell with that. It’s not easy to find a shooter bear, get it in range, and make it happen. If you get that chance— Choot Em Liz!

I can't stand the taste of bear meat and I won't kill anything I won't eat. My personal code really screws me up sometimes because I'd love a bear rug. If you ever see one in my home or cabin-I bought it.

Having said that, screw anyone who says otherwise. You want a Colorado bear?

Send it.

Back