Towing Fees

If you only have liability that is probably not covered by insurance? Only asking because my favorite old pickup does not have full coverage.

Wish I could sell you my 2015 that I basically hate but I can’t afford a newer one with current costs. That bill seems nuts!

Charging for cleanup work they didn't do sounds like fraud, but what do I know.

My BIL has a sizeable towing, heavy towing, moving and recovery business in IN. I know he makes a lot of $$$$....but the hours of he and his workers, along with equipment costs/maintenance/facilities, insurance and equipment itself (especially) are pretty outrageous. When I was an LEO on the road I know that whenever we had a semi wreck the tow company that worked them surely fed and watered us good while we were doing traffic control ;)

My BIL has a sizeable towing, heavy towing, moving and recovery business in IN. I know he makes a lot of $$$$....but the hours of he and his workers, along with equipment costs/maintenance/facilities, insurance and equipment itself (especially) are pretty outrageous. When I was an LEO on the road I know that whenever we had a semi wreck the tow company that worked them surely fed and watered us good while we were doing traffic control ;)
No doubt a difficult and dangerous job in situations on bad icy roads at night. Not sure about that nearly 3 grand an hour price though.

If I had to guess I would bet that some tow truck companies have been held responsible for state fines on disposal or cleanup cost when a drivers insurance somehow got out of it because they had a pollution exclusion in the policy. Hopefully it’s a negotiating tactic with the insurance company. Good luck!

Was in billings yesterday and heard a hell of a stolen vehicle story, town is going downhill quick!
My dad had a work truck stole it had a LoJack on it they went and got it the next day guy left his wallet in it and bpd didn’t do anything

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back