PEAX Equipment

Why My Truck Sucks

Wow, dang good brakes ...you must coast to a stop!

IDK man, I've usually had ford trucks that eats breaks anywhere from 50-60K miles. My Ram 1500 (2014) got sold with 140K miles on the clock and I never did breaks on it either. It HAD to be close, but never did em. I'm back in a ford f-150 (2016) now and at 72K miles, it's time for at least the front pads.

IDK man, I've usually had ford trucks that eats breaks anywhere from 50-60K miles. My Ram 1500 (2014) got sold with 140K miles on the clock and I never did breaks on it either. It HAD to be close, but never did em. I'm back in a ford f-150 (2016) now and at 72K miles, it's time for at least the front pads.

Got 60k on a 2014 f150 and need to do the brakes all around.

I really like the truck crew cab, 6.5 bed, Max tow package and dif lock. 3.5 eco with 3;73 rear end wish gas mileage was better but the thing tows camper well and that's why I bought it. Best 1/2 ton specs on paper I could find and great for trips out west. Only thing I don't like is my suspicions about the reliability of the Eco. Had to get a new throttle body at 47k. Wish there was an approved induction cleaning method.

I do like the cab and the quietness of the F-150. But, compared to the Ram, that's about it. Next truck will be a Ram, although probably a 3/4 Ton.

1st truck: 1982 4x4 Toyota Pickup. Bed had rusted holes, floorboard was rusted out, back bumper fell off one day, clutch always needed to be adjusted. 260k miles but was still running like a champ when she was let go.
2nd: 1993 Toyota pickup 3.0 v6. Terrible engine... sort of. Needed new cylinders for the clutch (thought I drove for months with a bottle of brake fluid and a bungy cord wrapped around the steering column down to the clutch pedal to lift it off the floor after every shift) and had to have the exhaust valves replaced. 240k when I sold it.
3rd: 2012 Tundra 4.0 v8. No freakin intermittent wipers... and the volume knob is starting to starting to die, plus a couple sets of warped rotors. 140k. No wrong yet, but as JR said, 15 mpg and a 26 gal tank is not a good combo.

I have a 2018 Dodge 1500 ecodiesel and so far it has been great. Just got back from a trip from Mammoth Lakes and almost surpassed 38 MPG for the trip. I only have around 18K miles so I can't speak to the longevity of the engine.

I had a 2015 RAM 1500 Edodiesel Limited, w/ 6'4" box, and loved it! It was a beautiful truck inside and out, rode like a limo, got incredible mileage, and I was always getting complimented on it. I drove it for three years and put almost 80,000 miles on it and never had a single issue with it. I sure miss that truck.IMG_3293.JPEG

Last edited:
Now I drive this one. It's the new 2019 RAM 1500 Limited w/ a 5.7 HEMI, and 6'4" box. It's like a frickin' spaceship inside with all the electronics and 12" touch-screen. I'd be lying if I didn't say it wasn't distracting to drive though. I got the 4x4 Off Road package and the tow-package, so it doesn't get great mileage but it will tow almost up to 13,000 pounds! For a 1/2 ton that's a LOT! It's a stunning truck.

I've only had it a year now, so we'll see how long all of the electronics last. 🤞

2019 RAM 1500 Limited.jpeg

Last edited:
This is my weekend warrior (hunting) truck. It's a 2017 RAM 2500 Tradesman w/ a 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel and an 8' box. It'll tow anything, and give you a sore back at the same time. LOL. (I don't own a car.)
58257013880__C740532F-5095-4E29-88B1-C070175FBC09.JPG

2005 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0 gasser, 4:10 gears, 104K. Bought it used 6 years ago. Did have to swap out the coil packs about 1500 miles ago due to random misfire code that kept popping up, but now all is good. Little bro is and always been a Ford guy, but has had good luck with his rig so who knows.

I have an 86 Toyota long box. Doesn't pull sh$t and leaks oil like a sieve. Also have an 08 Ford F250 diesel. Pulls my camper nice but other than that it's pretty worthless. Payments are nice though. 0% interest and $0 per month.

I have an 86 Toyota long box. Doesn't pull sh$t and leaks oil like a sieve. Also have an 08 Ford F250 diesel. Pulls my camper nice but other than that it's pretty worthless. Payments are nice though. 0% interest and $0 per month.
I've been enjoying no payments for quite a while, it's hard to change that now.

Last edited:
‘16 XL F-150, at 88,500 now. 5.0l, elocker, 4door, 36 gallon fuel tank, trailering pkg, lifetime mpg of 19.5, that’s the hilights.

5 1/2 bed is upsetting for many uses, I’ve gotten by, but it certainly cramps my style. Chaining up is a non-starter, therefore a more snow biased tire is called for.

Doing it over again I’d demand 6.5 box, power folding trailer mirror, and keypad entry.

Last edited:
Mine's a 2006 w/ 120K miles on it, the AC doesn't work, the oh-shit handles have busted off already & it's got the turning radius of the USS Kittyhawk, but also this.

And with the return of cool weather, the engine air intake heater (glow plugs) malfunction continues to mean the damn thing won't start unless plugged in for a few hours.

Time to trade this POS in. I hate the payment, but not as much as I hate this truck.

1st truck: 1982 4x4 Toyota Pickup. Bed had rusted holes, floorboard was rusted out, back bumper fell off one day, clutch always needed to be adjusted. 260k miles but was still running like a champ when she was let go.
2nd: 1993 Toyota pickup 3.0 v6. Terrible engine... sort of. Needed new cylinders for the clutch (thought I drove for months with a bottle of brake fluid and a bungy cord wrapped around the steering column down to the clutch pedal to lift it off the floor after every shift) and had to have the exhaust valves replaced. 240k when I sold it.
3rd: 2012 Tundra 4.0 v8. No freakin intermittent wipers... and the volume knob is starting to starting to die, plus a couple sets of warped rotors. 140k. No wrong yet, but as JR said, 15 mpg and a 26 gal tank is not a good combo.

Exactly why I didn't buy one, other than that a great truck.

I guess I'm going to have to stay home. My truck didn't even make the list. :cry:

PS. Do people with Ford Raptors REALLY take them off pavement? I have yet to see one on a well maintained gravel road, much less dirt.

Forget about Raptors, it's fact that most people who own jacked up vehicles NEVER take them out for serious use. Ask yourself how many times you seen one with any brush marks on it? Yep. They just like to style around town looking at others looking at them.

Back