Ted Cruz - Selling of Federal Land(s)

Well, I guess I am lumping dems with the afraid of cow farts libs. Sorry to generalize but I read so many articles and stories from some bunny hugging hiker who loved their time in the forest sooo much but is so saddened by the evidence of other people being there.
Generalizing is exactly what they are doing in this thread.

They are hypocrites.

Well, I guess I am lumping dems with the afraid of cow farts libs. Sorry to generalize but I read so many articles and stories from some bunny hugging hiker who loved their time in the forest sooo much but is so saddened by the evidence of other people being there.

Post up some examples.

I think to speak to the heart of this thread, public lands spark a passion in all who gather on this site and whether or not any legislation has or has not been passed is secondary to the thought that there are folks who want to represent us who harbor the very idea that they should be jettisoned like so much excess baggage.

Generalizing is exactly what they are doing in this thread.

They are hypocrites.

Really?

What transfer bills in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah etc. etc. have been introduced by Representatives or Senators with a D attached to their name?

How about those with a R attached to their name?

Apparently nobody in the GOP has the balls to get their party back...like I said, go along to get along like unmanned drones.

What a Grand Old Party...

Jeez Buzz, you want me to look around and dig up old blogs I've read? Is it so hard to believe there's someone who thinks there's too many folks in the forest, there's ton of folks out there who think man is ruining the world for everyone else.

It's not semantics. Every Representative and Senator has their own agenda.

Sure they do. But how many Republicans are willing to stand up against the transfer of public lands? I know the answer and you do to. They won't because it will torpedo any chance of furthering whatever other agenda they may have.

It's not semantics and you know it. Either directly or indirectly, by lack of opposition or indifference, the Republican part as a whole supports public land transfer.

I've mainly hunted public lands, well, maybe not forever, plus we've also had some outrageous access to private, mainly from very good request letters sent.
But then I'm a farmer, so kinda relate...
But when it comes to transfer of public lands to Kerry White & Co...
I call myself a Disenfranchised Former Republican.
Except the Demos...???
I'm not moving to Canada quite yet, anyway...
Although if I get caught up farming one of these days (a fantasy!!) I might head up, umm, kinda north of Amnesia Lake!!!

A question to add fuel to this debate. Are we as Americans and hunters worse off with a President whose party advocates for the selling off of public lands that we cherish, or are we worse off with a President whose party has staunchly and vehemently supported legislation that allows for the murder of unborn children and consistently opposed legislation that would limit abortion?

Making the selection of a candidate a one issue choice seems very narrow minded to me. I think the Republican party platform is dead wrong on the issue of selling or transferring public lands, but I could never give full support to a mainstream Democrat who is beholden to his party's position on abortion.

Some issues take greater priority for me than access.

are we worse off with a President whose party has staunchly and vehemently supported legislation that allows for the murder of unborn children and consistently opposed legislation that would limit abortion?

This (unfortunately) is a non issue. It's been legal for my entire lifetime, and will stay legal for the rest of my life. Perhaps I'm overly pragmatic, but I'd rather focus my energies in areas that will make a difference.

This (unfortunately) is a non issue. It's been legal for my entire lifetime, and will stay legal for the rest of my life. Perhaps I'm overly pragmatic, but I'd rather focus my energies in areas that will make a difference.

Public lands have always been public in our lifetimes as well... :)

I'm glad everyone here is vigilant and ready to fight to protect our public resources and access. I'm on board with that as well. But there are other issues that matter to me too.

Hopefully 40 years from now there will be a whole host of court decisions that affirm public lands stay public. When that happens I'll drop it as one of my issues :)

Sure they do. But how many Republicans are willing to stand up against the transfer of public lands? I know the answer and you do to. They won't because it will torpedo any chance of furthering whatever other agenda they may have.

It's not semantics and you know it. Either directly or indirectly, by lack of opposition or indifference, the Republican part as a whole supports public land transfer.

That is false.

If I used your logic, I would say the democrat party is against the Keystone pipeline. Should we ask the unions if they are against the pipeline?

It is apparent that the democrats on this board would rather generalize and demonize Republicans rather than inform the average US citizen who doesn't watch hunting shows about what a transfer would do.

Gerald,

There's a big difference, abortion does not impact me personally. If you don't believe in it, great, don't have one.

The other big problem I have with the Republicans "outrage" over keeping every kid, including those that are a result of rape, incest, and when a mothers life is in danger (see Jeb Bush's actions as Governor)...is, they also don't want to pay for those kids. If the Republicans were at all serious about stopping abortion, beyond their "outrage" to corner the evangelical right wing vote, they would work on cradle to grave care of the "lives" they're trying to save. Excuse me if I find their "outrage" a complete joke, lie, and nothing more than a way to pander to their base.

I can appreciate, and respect, your personal objection to abortion, mainly because you aren't trying to use it as a way to get a vote. You also aren't using it to cause a deep partisan divide that is counter-productive to politics, and the American Public in general. I can assure you, for 100% fact, that some of the Republicans in congress have wives, girlfriends, and relatives that have had abortions, yet they rail away like "saints" to get a vote...all the while hiding skeletons in the closet.

For the record, I'm no fan of abortion either, but IMO, there are much more significant things to worry about while casting a vote.

Selling my public lands will impact me personally, and a lot more significantly, than someone else deciding to have an abortion...and that's a fact.

It is apparent that the democrats on this board would rather generalize and demonize Republicans rather than inform the average US citizen who doesn't watch hunting shows about what a transfer would do.

Bullshit...there have been dozens and dozens of threads on this board about what the transfer would do.

Try the search function...and then report back on what size asshat you wear.

Not to mention the LTE's, opinion pieces, and news articles on it...who do you think is driving that? Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny? What about the lobbying efforts by various sportsmens groups, organizing rallies, etc. etc. etc.? Santie Clause doing that?

Last edited:
That is false.

If I used your logic, I would say the democrat party is against the Keystone pipeline. Should we ask the unions if they are against the pipeline?

Well, here's a news flash. I'm not a Democrat. Ponder on that one.

Jeez,I haven't been a party member of either/any in 25 yrs for a very good reason.I refuse to vote against my best interests and the best interests of my country.
Decline to state. My choice nobody can interfere with.

The present clown car is a bit worse than the queens donkey cart at this point.

I will vote against any that try and take OUR lands away and sell off/out what is left of this once great country.
The sellouts that are running this country of both parties for personal profit need to be removed from OUR country,by any means possible.

Time for a revolution folks, and most countries and our military is very worried they would get their butts kicked quick. Hence the upsurge in screwing of the citizens before it hits the fan.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back