Caribou Gear

Ted Cruz - Selling of Federal Land(s)

I don't think you understand that most people who don't live in the middle of the Country could care less about public lands in Montana or Wyoming.

You must not read many papers or watch the news.

Like Buzz, they only care about themselves.

I care about the legacy of public lands and the economics of my State, as well as other States, that benefit from public lands. I also care that my public wildlife has a place to live, a place to provide clean drinking water for the cities people live in, places that everyone can camp, hunt, fish, hike, birdwatch, atv, etc. etc. etc. without paying a trespass fee.

Contrary to what people are saying in this thread, I do not know of one bill that was introduced to transfer land.

HB 148 in Utah.

If you want to win the war, you don't go around pissing off the other side.

What do you recommend, giving up 50% of public lands in a compromise, just to avoid pissing off "the other" side that started the war? Once the "other side" starts a war, there's no point in being nice moving forward.

Big Fin is doing excellent work and is doing all he can do.

Yes, and so are many others and many Sportsmens groups as well.

Oprah should be calling him.

Really? What a tool.

I don't think you understand that most people who don't live in the middle of the Country could care less about public lands in Montana or Wyoming.
No, I clearly understand that and furthermore, ninety percent of the citizens of this country don't give a crap about any given issue, but it's the five percent on either side that engage in the discourse, the debate, the important consideration of the issues and either resolve them or push them up to the Executive, the Judicial, or the Legislative level for resolution. In this case it is actually the radical element of the Republican party that has elevated this issue to the legislative branch at the state and the national level for whatever foolish, ill-conceived economic reasons. The states whose economies rely on public lands and whose citizens such as you are hearing from on this forum really care are loudly proclaiming that "Public Lands Matter!" Those who "could care less about public lands in Montana and Wyoming" are aptly characterized by you as not even being engaged or a factor in this issue, whether or not they only "care about themselves". For them it's a non-issue. They are not interested in being informed nor persuaded one way or another.
Consequently, it is the radical Republican element that is to be addressed and shown the folly of their movement to transfer and/or sell these important public lands.

You must not read many papers or watch the news.

I care about the legacy of public lands and the economics of my State, as well as other States, that benefit from public lands. I also care that my public wildlife has a place to live, a place to provide clean drinking water for the cities people live in, places that everyone can camp, hunt, fish, hike, birdwatch, atv, etc. etc. etc. without paying a trespass fee.

HB 148 in Utah.

What do you recommend, giving up 50% of public lands in a compromise, just to avoid pissing off "the other" side that started the war? Once the "other side" starts a war, there's no point in being nice moving forward.

Yes, and so are many others and many Sportsmens groups as well.

Really? What a tool.

Why Shouldn't Randy be on Oprah?

Is she anti-hunting or something?

As to your Utah State bill, I don't know what it's about, but it doesn't transfer Federal land.

There's a lot you don't know about...including this issue.

I know plenty. I know you will lose your house if you take my bet.

I know I am against public land transfers and sales as are most Republicans.

Contrary to what people are saying in this thread, I do not know of one bill that was introduced to transfer land.
Odin, read Ben Lamb's post #47 of this thread and complete the link and google search he suggested. You will find the introduced legislation which you so steadfastly deny.

Ben, who so often and poignantly expresses the facts and rationale regarding this and other issues, seems to have dropped out of the discussion. 'Don't know for sure, but suspect he is weary of your unwillingness to accept facts, examples and truth. He is much wiser than I.

Odin, read Ben Lamb's post #47 of this thread and complete the link and google search he suggested. You will find the introduced legislation which you so steadfastly deny.

Ben, who so often and poignantly expresses the facts and rationale regarding this and other issues, seems to have dropped out of the discussion. 'Don't know for sure, but suspect he is weary of your unwillingness to accept facts, examples and truth. He is much wiser than I.

He did that because there has not been one bill introduced to transfer land in the Federal Government.

That's a fact.

I know I am against public land transfers and sales as are most Republicans.

Good for you. That puts you in with most rank and file republicans I know who are close to abandoning the party for going down this fiscally irresponsible and unconstitutional road. Unfortunately, party leaders still pursue to effort to their own detriment both in state houses and in congress, as well as the campaign trail.

this isn't a party issue for voters. They will support public lands at the ballot box. Every poll done on this shows it, and there are marquee elections that back it up.

Glad you think you're "right"...at least one person thinks so.

Nothing wrong with Randy being on Oprah...other than the fact you're being a smart ass and Oprah hasn't had a show since May 25, 2011. Of course, you probably "knew that", like you "know" everything else.

Just vote Hillary. Bill is still hated in Utah for establishing Grand Staircase Monument. Killed the coal strip mine and retained grazing, OHV and other historic use. Oh yeah still open to hunting.

Good for you. That puts you in with most rank and file republicans I know who are close to abandoning the party for going down this fiscally irresponsible and unconstitutional road. Unfortunately, party leaders still pursue to effort to their own detriment both in state houses and in congress, as well as the campaign trail.

this isn't a party issue for voters. They will support public lands at the ballot box. Every poll done on this shows it, and there are marquee elections that back it up.

This post belongs on a political board, not a hunting board.

FYI, the discussion is transfer and sale. Not just transfer. Cruz's bill was about selling. Labrador is dropping legistion to transfer and bishop is working this as well. As of now, congressional action has about selling public land, or just giving it to foreign mining interests.

At least at the scale we're talking about. Land transfers on smaller, more tactical scales occur for. Serious reasons under FLPMA.

Glad you think you're "right"...at least one person thinks so.

Nothing wrong with Randy being on Oprah...other than the fact you're being a smart ass and Oprah hasn't had a show since May 25, 2011. Of course, you probably "knew that", like you "know" everything else.

Doesn't she have a cable show?

Scratch Oprah, how about the 3 morning msm networks?

That wouldn't cost him a dime other than maybe travel.

He's my senator so I occasionally email him voicing my opinion on keeping public land public. I get a canned response back thanking me for my input and somehow get added to his email list. It almost never fails that one of the first emails is talking about his stance on selling public land.

I keep banging away, about all I can do.

This post belongs on a political board, not a hunting board.

We're talking about an issue that hunters are deeply concerned bout because it impacts our heritage, our sport and a multi-billion doar industry. That it's in the political realm is a part of the discussion.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back