UT State Trust Lands selling 28,000 acres of prime hunting land

New member here, but I just listened to Randy's podcast about this topic and had to do a little investigating. It looks like there recently was a change of heart by the land board. Don't know if its good or bad, but I'll have to keep my eye on it. Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop Randy.

Hot off the press. Things aren't looking good for these lands and the idea to put it up to bid. Hope it turns out differently.

This has definitely turned into one of those
The ____ has hit the fan.
Great idea by the dwr to acquire it but at this point would have been better to leave it be.
The nearby reservation is the high bid by a considerable margin.

Say it ain’t so joe ? A bad decision in regards to state trust lands...who would have thunk it?

This has definitely turned into one of those
The ____ has hit the fan.
Great idea by the dwr to acquire it but at this point would have been better to leave it be.
The nearby reservation is the high bid by a considerable margin.
Irony: definition

"a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result."

Maybe Don Peay and some of his wonderful conservation groups in utah will come to the rescue somehow.;)

So they aren't going to sell it? Or just not right now?
Would likely lead to a lawsuit if they don't go forward with the sale. With a 1.3 billion reserve to spend, maybe the state should have bid higher? Take it that the Utes see a high value in this property for its hunting opportunities?
Mess now for sure.

Last edited:
What is really disappointing is that despite obvious examples such as this illustrating the intentions of these land grabbers we still have large contingent of hunters who can't see past a letter in the front of a name.
There’s a party with a certain letter that wants my guns and has said it wants to “fundamentally change America”. Unfortunately, that’s bigger than 28,000 acres.

There’s a party with a certain letter that wants my guns and has said it wants to “fundamentally change America”. Unfortunately, that’s bigger than 28,000 acres.

Typical party politics BS response. Shouldn't have to choose one side or another. Quit being an apologist for those behind the sale of our public lands.

By the way, I heard the same crap about Obama taking guns for years. Nothing even close to that happened. Hell Obama was probably one of the best things to happen to the guns industry....

Here is an updated article concerning the potential sale of this trust land.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2019/03/06/utahs-grand-plan-preserve/

This land is held in trust by SITLA, which helps fund public education in Utah. They have a mandate to maximize return on their investments. Obviously, the greatest return they can receive is to ensure that these lands remain in public control with open access to all. Here is a link to the Board of Trustees, I encourage all to contact the Trust Lands Administration to voice your opinion of how important an issue it is for Tabby Mountain to remain public with full access. Show your support for the State of Utah to purchase these lands and keep these lands open to everyone. I'm sorry but the possibility of a CWMU is not acceptable, this only opens the land to very few individuals, Tabby Mountain must be assured open access for everyone.

Here is link to the Trust Lands Administration website.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back