Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

State Land in Jackson, WY headed for auction

Corrupt Federal Politicians or Corrupt State Officials. Both doofuses. Republican or Dumbocrat, it doesn't matter. Remember when your congressman used to have town hall meetings? Gone 20 years ago. They don't care what we have to say. So, Nicki Haley isn't corrupt as shit? She did a good job as Governor of SC???? Go drive I-95 around a holiday. You say, well those are Federal roads. LOLOLOLOLOL.
That post had nothing to do with the subject, but way to get it all off your chest.

My wife's great-grandfather homesteaded in Kelly about a mile and a half south of Ditch Creek - their family used to have the lease on this exact parcel for their herd of Herefords...it's an amazing property. Her great-grandfather sold his ranch to the NPS in the 50's, and then bought a place in Wilson. Her grandfather and great-uncle sold the ranch in Wilson in the late 80's, and a good portion of it was put under conservation easement thru the Jackson Hole Land Trust.

I would like to see this property remain undeveloped, having taken a few rides up to it for day trips, it would be sad to see it turned into the typical Jackson Hole 'ranch' - 5 acres, huge house, guesthouse, barn, etc.

Honestly, with 'Jackson Hole' prices in the last 30yrs, $80mil seems low...a developer would sell lots on that place for close to $1mil an acre, I'd bet....

Resident here: sadly I must of missed this proposed deal. On one hand the state will protect land but the other they will sell it knowing it will go private and take away from the public. Thanks for posting!

Resident here: sadly I must of missed this proposed deal. On one hand the state will protect land but the other they will sell it knowing it will go private and take away from the public. Thanks for posting!
It was approved to be sold to the Feds for $100m. It will become part of GTNP.

Not sure exactly how they are going to work out allowing hunting and grazing on it, but it sounded like that was part of the deal the legislature put on the sale.

I may have been too cryptic.

I can't post the entire article.

Wyoming is one step closer to adding a major wrinkle to the Interior Department’s ongoing aspiration to purchase a state-owned parcel inside Grand Teton National Park.

The state Legislature on Friday approved a $10.6 billion biennial spending bill that includes an amendment directing the governor to reject the sale of the so-called Kelly Parcel to the federal government if the Bureau of Land Management approves its land-use plan for southwest Wyoming. That BLM plan has been criticized by state officials for adding conservation designations across 1.6 million acres.

I may have been too cryptic.

I can't post the entire article.

Wyoming is one step closer to adding a major wrinkle to the Interior Department’s ongoing aspiration to purchase a state-owned parcel inside Grand Teton National Park.

The state Legislature on Friday approved a $10.6 billion biennial spending bill that includes an amendment directing the governor to reject the sale of the so-called Kelly Parcel to the federal government if the Bureau of Land Management approves its land-use plan for southwest Wyoming. That BLM plan has been criticized by state officials for adding conservation designations across 1.6 million acres.
Haha now that’s a great step in. That land use plan is not good. I am not sure the best way to keep the Kelly parcel public but right now, our land rights are at stake and this may become a broader issue.

It was approved to be sold to the Feds for $100m. It will become part of GTNP.

Not sure exactly how they are going to work out allowing hunting and grazing on it, but it sounded like that was part of the deal the legislature put on the sale.
WY will probably mark it Designated Wilderness since our federal tax dollars were used to buy it. That way WY gets all the money and reserves it for residents and guides.

To the rest of America, WY thanks you. Now get the hell off my lawn!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back