Synthetic Beef - Impact On Public Grazing?

yeah synthetic protein will probably be the future and will probably be cheaper. but has the cheaper solution to nutrition really EVER been the most nutritious and healthy? i think that's where this movement is all wrong and i will confidently call bill gates delusional for thinking so
Have we EVER made a decision based on what is most nutritious and healthy? (as I finish off a bag of Cheetos). We always gravitate to what is cheapest, as long as it doesn't kill us in the short run.
Bill Gates is putting his money where his mouth is. You are entitled to disagree, but this argument is a little weak on facts. Give some proof that it is less healthy and I might change my mind.

This isn't about poor countries that eat insects for protein. This is about Bill wanting the wealthy countries to stop eating beef. And you seem to support his vision for some reason.🤔

I am neutral on his vision. It will or won't happen irrespective of my opinion on his vision. There is a shortage of protein in the world. One that can't be filled by raising more cows. I suspect there is little rangeland in the world being under grazed.

If synthetic meat fills that void, it will compete directly with meat everywhere. If it is cheaper, and essentially the same, do you really think it won't take some share of the market?

Bill Gates is putting his money where his mouth is.

Livestock emissions in this country are literally a fart in the wind compared to the amount of pollution coming out of Asia and Africa these days. I'd love it if Bill would focus his money and his mouth on one of those continents and their greenhouse gasses for a change instead of trying to do things like have the government outlaw hamburgers in America...can we bring back "Save the Rainforest" please?

Have we EVER made a decision based on what is most nutritious and healthy? (as I finish off a bag of Cheetos). We always gravitate to what is cheapest, as long as it doesn't kill us in the short run.
Bill Gates is putting his money where his mouth is. You are entitled to disagree, but this argument is a little weak on facts. Give some proof that it is less healthy and I might change my mind.

i mean, that's exactly my point. we tend not to make decisions based on what is healthy or not. bill gates is making this grandiose statement based off economics and climate change. of course he's right. though i truly believe saying cows are a worrisome contributor to climate change is akin to what comes out of their butts - there are much much bigger fish to fry, not to mention different practices in the world of beef production would go very far in that regard

i don't think we should be asking for proof that synthetic meat is less healthy, we should be asking for proof that it is as healthy or more healthy.

in any event if public policy is gonna start forcing a new food supply, the burden of proof should be on the ones forcing it. until then history tells me their synthetic food plan is doomed to fail in the court of public health. not that we'd get any real answers though as we all know politics have never gotten in the way of "proof" like that. the "experts" can't even agree that real meat is healthy, now synthetic meat is just assumed to be a pure clean bill of health? FFS

in reality, i don't care about the outcomes of any of this as long as federal or state governments don't outlaw my ability to eat real food

I am neutral on his vision. It will or won't happen irrespective of my opinion on his vision. There is a shortage of protein in the world. One that can't be filled by raising more cows. I suspect there is little rangeland in the world being under grazed.

If synthetic meat fills that void, it will compete directly with meat everywhere. If it is cheaper, and essentially the same, do you really think it won't take some share of the market?
I won't buy it or eat it. You can if you want.

I read Forbes among other things, but I don't need Twitter to tell me what is newsworthy...
It’s not twitter telling you that, it’s Forbes. There’s a guy named Randy on twitter. Does twitter make what he says false or not worth reading?

i mean, that's exactly my point. we tend not to make decisions based on what is healthy or not. bill gates is making this grandiose statement based off economics and climate change. of course he's right. though i truly believe saying cows are a worrisome contributor to climate change is akin to what comes out of their butts - there are much much bigger fish to fry, not to mention different practices in the world of beef production would go very far in that regard

i don't think we should be asking for proof that synthetic meat is less healthy, we should be asking for proof that it is as healthy or more healthy.

in any event if public policy is gonna start forcing a new food supply, the burden of proof should be on the ones forcing it. until then history tells me their synthetic food plan is doomed to fail in the court of public health. not that we'd get any real answers though as we all know politics have never gotten in the way of "proof" like that. the "experts" can't even agree that real meat is healthy, now synthetic meat is just assumed to be a pure clean bill of health? FFS

in reality, i don't care about the outcomes of any of this as long as federal or state governments don't outlaw my ability to eat real food
I'm not sure we have ever required something to be proven as or more healthy before it hit the market. Basically, they just have to show it won't kill you. And even then, killing the customer hasn't resulted in the outlawing of tobacco products.
It won't get rid of traditional beef, but I can easily envision a day where it is a material part of the protein equation. It is probably necessary if the population continues to grow. The main question of this post is how fast it becomes a material part of the equation and what will be its impact on western economies.

Clearly a few don't understand what Twitter is. Asking if Twitter is a news source is like asking if Google or your television is a news source. It depends on what you choose to search for or which channel you watch.

Guess I'm dummer than a stick.
I kicked the cattle off my place and it recovered. The elk have stock like paths to the water & feed here. Every range cow in the area is always trying to find a way in now.
MMMMMMMMMMMM,free range Bison!

Clearly a few don't understand what Twitter is. Asking if Twitter is a news source is like asking if Google or your television is a news source. It depends on what you choose to search for or which channel you watch.
It's a cesspool with a filter. Only filtered shit passes through it.

Disclaimer.
I'm a heartless meanie. Never wanted to have kids of my own,I believe in the death penalty and survival of the fit to survive....I also hate soy & almond "milk" & veggie burgers.............LOL
Eat your Billy burgers & enjoy.

Back