Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Synthetic Beef - Impact On Public Grazing?

So this is no longer true. It isn't the same hamburger. Dammit Bill, you just lost all credibility

Attachments

• 20210216_160042.jpg
    20210216_160042.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
More than synthetics, which aren't really meat, the real threat to the cattle industry is cellular agriculture. The technology is already there, animal stem cells can readily be cultured and under the right conditions they can be allowed to differentiate into lab grown muscle tissue, fat, tendons, anything really. Big money is heavily investing in companies with this technology. It's obvious that massive uptake will ensue when the technology can be scaled in a way that is more cost effective than traditional cattle ranching. My guess, in 15 years or less, lab grown meat will be ubiquitous in supermarkets, restaurants etc. and be hugely disruptive to the ranching industry, but probably have a net beneficial effect on society over all. Technology can be a double edged sword, we see this time and again. It just is what it is.

More than synthetics, which aren't really meat, the real threat to the cattle industry is cellular agriculture. The technology is already there, animal stem cells can readily be cultured and under the right conditions they can be allowed to differentiate into lab grown muscle tissue, fat, tendons, anything really. Big money is heavily investing in companies with this technology. It's obvious that massive uptake will ensue when the technology can be scaled in a way that is more cost effective than traditional cattle ranching. My guess, in 15 years or less, lab grown meat will be ubiquitous in supermarkets, restaurants etc. and be hugely disruptive to the ranching industry, but probably have a net beneficial effect on society over all. Technology can be a double edged sword, we see this time and again. It just is what it is.
Scientists want to bring back the mastodon in the name of global warming. Lab grown meat is a no brainer.

Mastodon burger! How cool would that be!

Last edited:
What in H#LL is synthetic “beef” made of ?!?!?? I apparently live a very sheltered life. I have never heard of such BS !!! That Gates guy is just another billionaire trying to tell all us little people how he wants us to live. To him I say 🖕!

Things will change. Synthetic, lab grown, or vegetable based burgers, whatever, cow's are economically and environmentally expensive, and they will decrease in popularity and "pull." I'm not sure what happens to ranchland without cows, but public land hunters better have a plan to keep lands open for hunting.
Beef may become the next target of the greenies, after they finish with Oil, Gas and Coal.

What in H#LL is synthetic “beef” made of ?!?!?? I apparently live a very sheltered life. I have never heard of such BS !!! That Gates guy is just another billionaire trying to tell all us little people how he wants us to live. To him I say 🖕!
It is not that different than low quality dry dog food. More water added to make it juicy

Ever given any thought to maybe damming rivers, creating reservoirs (all subsidized by TAX PAYERS), really isn't the best place to ranch and farm?

Cadillac Desert, by Marc Reisner may be worth your time to read.
What's left of the salmon would agree with you. The water leaving the delta has increased quite a bit since that book was written and almonds started taking over as the crop of choice in a large portion of the valley.

Ever given any thought to maybe damming rivers, creating reservoirs (all subsidized by TAX PAYERS), really isn't the best place to ranch and farm?

Cadillac Desert, by Marc Reisner may be worth your time to read.

Can watch it as well

Back