Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Synthetic Beef - Impact On Public Grazing?

I bet he'll continue to eat real beef though, the fake stuff is just for us peasants...

"Gates' eating habits aren't much better. He's said he eats Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, but his wife, Melinda, says he skips the meal altogether. He also apparently loves cheeseburgers. Joe Cerrell, a managing director at the Gates Foundation, has said that anyone who has lunch with Gates should expect to have cheeseburgers, "no matter who you are."

I bet he'll continue to eat real beef though, the fake stuff is just for us peasants...

"Gates' eating habits aren't much better. He's said he eats Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, but his wife, Melinda, says he skips the meal altogether. He also apparently loves cheeseburgers. Joe Cerrell, a managing director at the Gates Foundation, has said that anyone who has lunch with Gates should expect to have cheeseburgers, "no matter who you are."

Bill's koo koo for cocoa puffs....😁

If this took hold, it could drastically change public lands.

I have brought the topic up before. The responses show how seriously it is taken by most. Western hunting is tied to beef production, whether we want to admit it or not. The market has already undergone dramatic changes. It is very hard to find a local butcher around me that can process a cow. The entire logistical supply chain now centers on large ranches shipping out cattle to large feed lots located near massive butcher houses run by Billion$ corporations. The local ranchers and shippers are basically price-takers and have little pull in the entire process. The entire industry is ripe for disruption. Any substitution that goes beyond a rounding-error in consumption could have a huge impact.

Cultured chicken was approved in Singapore, so cue the "But that is Singapore..." argument. About 15% of all US beef is exported. How much of that can small, family-owned ranchers give up without it starting to affect the price of traditional beef? It's estimated that 45% of all beef is consumed as burger. How easy would it be to replace that, or even so of that? How much do you have to replace to affect price?

20yrs from now the economy of the west may look very different than it does now.

Things will change. Synthetic, lab grown, or vegetable based burgers, whatever, cow's are economically and environmentally expensive, and they will decrease in popularity and "pull." I'm not sure what happens to ranchland without cows, but public land hunters better have a plan to keep lands open for hunting.

I still don't understand how cow farts are causing global warming. I do think we will see more synthetic meats.

cows have nothing to do with climate change. processing them and shipping them surely does. seems everybody is forgetting about corn and other cereal crops in that discussion :rolleyes:

i postulate that synthetic meat is probably going to be many orders of magnitude more harmful to human health over a shorter period of time than climate change

it's all politics. the attack on cows from a climate change perspective is a propped up argument that the political narrative that meat is bad for you benefits from, which is bullshit.

bill gates is being superbly dumb on this. whatever. real beef ain't going anywhere for a very long time, so i'm not too worried

He did an interview on 60 minutes Sunday. Worth a watch if for nothing else than to see where we could be headed if his ideas gain momentum.

They better ban guns before they ban beef. Or im likely to shoot to kill for a hamburger.

Things will change. Synthetic, lab grown, or vegetable based burgers, whatever, cow's are economically and environmentally expensive, and they will decrease in popularity and "pull." I'm not sure what happens to ranchland without cows, but public land hunters better have a plan to keep lands open for hunting.
I can tell you what happens to ranchland without cows. It turns to wasteland desert or gets so overgrown it burns up in wildfires, either way it won't support wildlife. So hunting goes down the tubes. Ranchers and hunters need to realize that they are each others' best allies in the land management issue and learn to work together.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back