Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Rinella is a Dork - Episode 312

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Do people really still drink and ski!? I haven't seen a drunk skier in a while. However, these days the question when entering a gondola car is not 'will it smell like weed?' but rather, 'How many trips has this car taken since the last time someone hotboxed the thing and what variety of weed was it?'

see, if you're like me and not good at skiing, then the local Midwest ski mountains hills have all you need....close drive, no traffic, good times.

Skiing is better than ice fishing.
Growing up in the northern Midwest, I vehemently argue this counter-point. Making like 2 turns per lift ride down a "black diamond" run Buck Hill or Cascade 'mountain' is objectively less fun than catching crappies and watching tipups on the local lake.

This is a Black run @ Buck Hill for context...

Growing up in the northern Midwest, I vehemently argue this counter-point. Making like 2 turns per lift ride down a "black diamond" run Buck Hill or Cascade 'mountain' is objectively less fun than catching crappies and watching tipups on the local lake.

But Buck Hill is hardly the norm for Midwest ski hills. That is slightly unfair.

And then what lake are you fishing? They aren't all the same either.

But Buck Hill is hardly the norm for Midwest ski hills. That is slightly unfair.

And then what lake are you fishing? They aren't all the same either.
What is the norm, though? Even Lutsen has less than 1000' of vertical drop and iirc, it was the biggest.

In HS we rotated between Medicine Lake and Minnetonka, with weekend forays to Mille Lacs. Now - I'd put a good day on Mille Lacs above a dust-on-crust day at Copper, maybe not Medicine though :)

Is there anything more anti-wildlife than a ski resort and the associated development?

I can think of more than a few like strip malls, housing developments, parking lots, etc all on wintering range. Where I snowboard in the sierras its 100% summer range so the small resort has little no effect while running in the winter. But I can def see your point in CO where you got massive resort towns!

Do people really still drink and ski!? I haven't seen a drunk skier in a while. However, these days the question when entering a gondola car is not 'will it smell like weed?' but rather, 'How many trips has this car taken since the last time someone hotboxed the thing and what variety of weed was it?'

People ski without a little joint lubricating alcohol to smooth the tension? Sounds way less fun.

The challenging part is finding the right balance between loosened up and losing significant control of motor functions.

I dunno, that kid looks like he's having a blast and he's skis betternme! (ok, maybe not, but still...)

Here's the good thing -- some people like ice fishing better than skiing, which works out bc then neither the lake nor the ski slopes are too crowded, right?!?! :rolleyes:

Is there anything more anti-wildlife than a ski resort and the associated development?
The average voters’ insight on wildlife is limited to feeling mild joy when they see an urbanized deer eating fallen bird seed in their backyard and thinking to themselves, “gee it would be mean for someone halfway across the country in a place I will never go to shoot one of these.” And then their thoughts move towards the youth soccer banquet they have to attend. That’s it - nothing more. These are the voters (by their numbers) that will decide our wildlife future.

I have skied. Sierra Summit,Mammoth....never seen an undrunk skier.

Maybe those are green bi-atheletes and the target is off course snowboarders?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back