Rinella is a Dork - Episode 312

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Growing up in the northern Midwest, I vehemently argue this counter-point. Making like 2 turns per lift ride down a "black diamond" run Buck Hill or Cascade 'mountain' is objectively less fun than catching crappies and watching tipups on the local lake.

This is a Black run @ Buck Hill for context...

I would rather catch 6" crappies on Crystal Lake right across the freeway than ski Buck Hill. But I also would rather catch 6" crappies on Crystal Lake than ski Bridger Bowl.

Rinella is a flatlander. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I like skiing. I like ice fishing. Last weekend I mixed both together. But if God gives you mountains, enjoy the mountains. Best hunter you never heard of was Paul Schafer, local legend. Sadlly, he died skiing on the Big Mountain. https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/bowhunting/paul-schafer-part-1

I know its fun to drive wedges and stir the pot. But one does not cancel the other. Enjoy life, dammit, it's too short. And winter is too long.

There are only a few things I'd prefer to do than fishing... and skiing isn't one of them. Ice fishing seems like the most appropriate use of a frozen lake; ski slopes seem like an inappropriate use of hunting real estate.

I know its fun to drive wedges and stir the pot.

i like to think this largely why steve can be the way he is. while, at the same time it's justt simply the way he is, no reason to look further into it.

how boring would the podcast be if it was just a backscratching tea party?

and then here we all are talking about steve and his podcast and probably getting people to wanna go listen to it.

i mean my wife gets on my case all the time for being a judgmental shit-stirrin asshole. but swear i'm also a nice guy.

Steve is obviously a very insecure man.
It was very apparent in the episode where him and Janis were at a wedding and Steve’s wife asked him to dance and Steve told her
“I’ve got my limits”
And Janis was like
“I’m gonna go push past mine”
Wouldn’t be surprised if jani took mrs rinella home that night.
The speed and the variables you can’t control that come with skiing certainly scare him.
He doesn’t seem like he’d like the heads up one on one competition either.

I know wllm doesnt think there’s any hunting celebrities on here but I could totally see Steve yelling up to his wife before bed
“Yeah honey! I’ll be right up!”
Then standing there quietly, waiting to hear the door close, sneaking to the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of wine, logging into ht and searching his name and meat eater.

Steve is obviously a very insecure man.
It was very apparent in the episode where him and Janis were at a wedding and Steve’s wife asked him to dance and Steve told her
“I’ve got my limits”
And Janis was like
“I’m gonna go push past mine”
Wouldn’t be surprised if jani took mrs rinella home that night.
The speed and the variables you can’t control that come with skiing certainly scare him.
He doesn’t seem like he’d like the heads up one on one competition either.

I know wllm doesnt think there’s any hunting celebrities on here but I could totally see Steve yelling up to his wife before bed
“Yeah honey! I’ll be right up!”
Then standing there quietly, waiting to hear the door close, sneaking to the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of wine, logging into ht and searching his name and meat eater.
In my imagination, Steve's wife comes on Janis, but he's a wholesome family man and sends just her away quietly, doesn't make a scene, and keeps the secret to save Steve the embarrassment and Steve's wife's image.

In my imagination, Steve's wife comes on Janis, but he's a wholesome family man and sends just her away quietly, doesn't make a scene, and keeps the secret to save Steve the embarrassment and Steve's wife's image.
Steve and Janis/Steve and ole cal have a very Sherlock Holmes type vibe

hear me out...

Option 1: skeet shooting clay pigeons while skiing down a blue run at mock Jesus

Option 2: fishing for jerrys while also going mock jesus down a blue run with treble hooks.

I say blue runs cause i'm not irresponsible.

Growing up in the northern Midwest, I vehemently argue this counter-point. Making like 2 turns per lift ride down a "black diamond" run Buck Hill or Cascade 'mountain' is objectively less fun than catching crappies and watching tipups on the local lake.

This is a Black run @ Buck Hill for context...

Ok had to look...262ft vertical with 4 Black Diamonds? Yes ice fishing would beat the heck out of that especially in MN. Now give me Clark W Griswold's sled then we can talk.

I ice fish and ski about the same number of days per year. I'm pretty terrible at both. Though ice fishing more lately since we haven't gotten jack for snow and I'm tired of skiing on rocks. I drink about the same amount doing both also...one requires that I BYOB and the other costs me $3 for cans of domestic or $5 for pints of local brew OR I have to sneak pocket beers for the 12 minute ride to the top.

I do also use quad lifts sometimes
FB_IMG_1644353346219.jpg

Last edited:
Back