Proud Of My Boy!

genesis273

I thought I was proud of him when he killed his first deer when he was 10:

But I couldn't be more proud of him today after graduating USAF basic. Also got the job he wanted, "Tactical Aircraft Maintenance" on F-16's.

Please thank your son for serving this Great Nation! And for keeping those great birds in the air. Nothing like delivering the "air mail" to our foes!

Way to go!
With that AFSC he might be able to see some of the world. Probably not as much as I did because I was on cargo aircraft. And man, the fatigues now days sure look better that ones back in my day. Give him a pat on the back (and yourself). GO AIR FORCE!!

Cool! Good for him and good for our Country. Tell him thanks for serving. And, congratulations to you.

Hmmmm.....chose to serve and was smart enough to join the AF!!! Good on you both!!! Tell him congrats from SFC B!!

Hmmmm.....chose to serve and was smart enough to join the AF!!! Good on you both!!! Tell him congrats from SFC B!!

I agree wholeheartedly with his choice. I have worked in aviation for going on 20 years, his whole life, and he believes the AF will be a career for him and did enlist for 6 years. He knows that if for some reason he comes out after 6, he can use what he's learned to help him further an A&P career in aviation. As for some of his buddy's busting him for not choosing the Army or Marines and that the AF is not as "bad azz" and basic isn't as hard as those, he's good with that. He knows that this will be a great career or help him with furthering a career that he has wanted. I couldn't be more happier with his choice. The young man wants to serve his country and thinking about a career path, what more could a dad want.
And SFC B, thank you for your service!

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with his choice. I have worked in aviation for going on 20 years, his whole life, and he believes the AF will be a career for him and did enlist for 6 years. He knows that if for some reason he comes out after 6, he can use what he's learned to help him further an A&P career in aviation. As for some of his buddy's busting him for not choosing the Army or Marines and that the AF is not as "bad azz" and basic isn't as hard as those, he's good with that. He knows that this will be a great career or help him with furthering a career that he has wanted. I couldn't be more happier with his choice. The young man wants to serve his country and thinking about a career path, what more could a dad want.
And SFC B, thank you for your service!

Thissucks.jpg

Just kidding. Good choice. I was Marines but told my boy that if he ever joins up to go Coast Guard.

James Riley: that's pretty funny right there.
I've also heard this, which I'm going off memory.

All branches use stars.
Army and Marines sleep under the stars.
Navy uses stars for navigational purposes.
Air Force uses stars to help choose which hotel to stay!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back