Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

One way to stop a corner cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not, live and let live. Anybody who wants to parade around with pink camouflage balloons is certainly free to do so, just don’t hunt near me as your Ignorance and style of hunting is far different than mine. I prefer to harvest an animal on publicly accessible lands and remain stealthy not parading along as you with your twinks and bare bears.
I have absolutely no idea what you’re referring to. Either you’re five years old and hacked your parent’s’ phone, or you are an absolute moron. Not sure which.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF? “Twinks” and “bare bears”? Interesting choice to defend not being a homophobe with slurs. I assume this means you are unable to identify legitimate evidence to defend your corner crossing arguments. I guess we’re done here then?

FWIW, typically if something seems black and white to me but those who are intimately involved in the subject matter say it’s not that simple, I tend to assume I’m the one who doesn’t fully understand it, not them.

Are there any really spots in MT with really good hunting and checkerboard corners that I should stay away from? Asking for a friend. Feel free to PM locations to me. I don’t want anyone to get ideas and bother some rich landowner’s lawyers.
Yeah… I don’t know about all that but I’m fixing to roll down to Milton to bang a uey in Abigail Johnson’s driveway… probably head over to Falmouth after that and let my dog pee on some lawns.

It’s gonna be a wild time trespassing on billionaire property.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corner hoppers claim they can step from one public parcel over a small point but is this feasible or possible.

From the Garmin website on GPS accuracy. Garmin® GPS receivers are accurate to within 15 meters (49 feet) 95% of the time. Generally, users will see accuracy within 5 to 10 meters (16 to 33 feet) under normal conditions. If you can’t find a corner pin where is the actual corner you stepped over and even if you did is that the actual de facto corner?

We also know because of the Earth’s curvature some of the square mile sections of land don’t actually touch at the corner. Some sections have gaps of hundreds of feet and don’t actually touch at the corners as 2 dimensional maps show. Many of the 19th century surveys with corner markets from the 1860s PLSS Railroad plats were done with Gross surveying errors and even fraudulent land grab surveys. Most of the survey corner pins I have actually found were done with surveys completed in the 1950s and 1960s so well before GPS days and could be off by hundreds of feet if not acres of land.

Many use software from mapping companies which rely on US Topo maps. US Topo maps are not legal documents and the PLSS (Public land Survey System representation on them is not considered legally authoritative according to the USGS.8DD60DF9-C37C-45DA-9CAD-84E386897C4F.jpeg

With all that potential error it seems like a tough burden of proof for the prosecution/landowner
Sorry, that dog won’t hunt in Wyoming. The burden of proof and the onus is upon the Hunter to remain off private lands.

Wyoming Statute 23-3-305(b) states: “No person shall enter upon the private property of any person to hunt, fish, or trap without the permission of the owner or person in charge of the property.” Unlike Criminal Trespass, Game and Fish trespass requires no notification, either by a landowner or a peace officer, that a person is not welcome on a particular piece of property. The responsibility rests entirely on the hunter, angler or trapper to know where he is and whether permission to enter private property has been granted. Hundreds of trespass tickets are issued annually by Wyoming law enforcement. https://codes.findlaw.com/wy/title-23-game-and-fish/wy-st-sect-23-3-305.html

Without intent to hunt, there is no game violation in WY, and why a warden will not cite for corner crossing (trespassing) when an individual crosses at said corner and continues into public.

Sorry, that dog won’t hunt in Wyoming. The burden of proof and the onus is upon the Hunter to remain off private lands.

Wyoming Statute 23-3-305(b) states: “No person shall enter upon the private property of any person to hunt, fish, or trap without the permission of the owner or person in charge of the property.” Unlike Criminal Trespass, Game and Fish trespass requires no notification, either by a landowner or a peace officer, that a person is not welcome on a particular piece of property. The responsibility rests entirely on the hunter, angler or trapper to know where he is and whether permission to enter private property has been granted. Hundreds of trespass tickets are issued annually by Wyoming law enforcement. https://codes.findlaw.com/wy/title-23-game-and-fish/wy-st-sect-23-3-305.html
See link I posted previously…Wyoming dismissed the only corner crossing case I can find to go to trial because the crosser did not intend to hunt the private.

Again, when the judges, and prosecutors and sheriff’s departments are seeing extreme gradations of gray, your black and white view is probably off base.

But carry on.

Corner hoppers claim they can step from one public parcel over a small point but is this feasible or possible.

From the Garmin website on GPS accuracy. Garmin® GPS receivers are accurate to within 15 meters (49 feet) 95% of the time. Generally, users will see accuracy within 5 to 10 meters (16 to 33 feet) under normal conditions. If you can’t find a corner pin where is the actual corner you stepped over and even if you did is that the actual de facto corner?

We also know because of the Earth’s curvature some of the square mile sections of land don’t actually touch at the corner. Some sections have gaps of hundreds of feet and don’t actually touch at the corners as 2 dimensional maps show. Many of the 19th century surveys with corner markets from the 1860s PLSS Railroad plats were done with Gross surveying errors and even fraudulent land grab surveys. Most of the survey corner pins I have actually found were done with surveys completed in the 1950s and 1960s so well before GPS days and could be off by hundreds of feet if not acres of land.

Many use software from mapping companies which rely on US Topo maps. US Topo maps are not legal documents and the PLSS (Public land Survey System representation on them is not considered legally authoritative according to the USGS.View attachment 189283
Yes, it’s feasible and possible.
If you’re so concerned about accuracy, how do you even dare to get close to a property line?

Can you even be sure that a BLM road is legally within its easement when it crosses private land? What are you going to do if Phil Anschutz’s lawyers sue when you drive on that road?

So is a landowner going to detain me on a piece of public land based on his assumption i trespassed to get there? I would think he would have some serious 4th amendment issues if so and worse potential issues than accusations of illegal corner crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back