PEAX Equipment

One way to stop a corner cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, don’t forget, trespassing is one of the most often cited game violations each year. I read it on Hunt talk.

A few years ago I showed a warden where I was going to corner cross a ranch south of Casper and asked him what he was gonna do about it. He said, "cross at the corner, keep a track, and if the land owner shows up record it on your phone. Hunter harassment is a crime in WY."

1) I don't care anything about "corner hopping"
2) see #1

Look, I'm not overly impressed with the whole public land thing. I've hunted Nat'l Forests in Colorado.
Tried hunting BLM in Wyoming. Though my 'lope permit allowed us to hunt the area. The grazer denied us access. When we approached a Wyoming DOW officer.
"Yeah, these guys are a real bunch of jerks. There's still lots of ground without going over there."
Thanks, "Depity Dawg"!
I've even hunted COE land here in Oklahoma.

That said, leave it to a gummint bureaucrat in D.C to set up parcels of land in a "checkerboard" pattern...THEN...deny the public, who actually "owns" the land, access.
We need to have a nationwide referendum that where those corners meet, private landowners "MUST" allow a 6 foot wide ingress/egress path! ...AND corners MUST be clearly marked.

It's absolute insanity that a citizen can't access "public" property.

When hunting in Colorado, a local told us of a rather "secluded" hunting spot.
The spot was an island of Nat'l Forest, surrounded by a Federal Indian Reservation!
Lo and behold! The gates marked
"blank blank Indian Reservation
-
NO TRESPASSING"
was correct...BUT...as long as you didn't 'stop' on Res land, they couldn't stop you from using their road to access public land!
We hunted the area several years with little to no competition. In fact, we became pretty friendly with the "Indian agent" that watched the area.

I do 99% of my hunting on public land. To each their own.
I'm okay with that. Heck, it's public land. Why not?

There is quite a bit more public land on Texas than a lot of folks think. There are National Forests, National Grasslands and tons of TPW WMA's.
I grew up hunting "lease" property. It's my "thang"! LOL!

I still think the Gov't "owns" WAY too much land, but let's be real! It's not gonna change just because I don't like it. 🙂 LOL!
Que sera, sera!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back