Caribou Gear

Nra

Jigmaker

IF YOUR NOT A MEMBER OF THE NRA YOUR EAITHER AN IDIOT OR A FOOL.
They will not stop at just clips they will go after all guns maybe not right now but as long as this idiot is in office they will try.

An only a fool will say it can't happen

I'm a life member and I have a lot of friends, none of whom are "fools or idiots," who have good reasons for not belonging to the NRA. If the NRA took better positions on hunting/land management issues, I suspect more hunters would be members.

The NRA isn't realistic in our modern world. Polarization is what they're really good at. IMO

Our guns - of which I have over 50 - are perfectly safe. There is no use - using scare tatics - unless you're in the ammo / gun business...they're making record profits.

.....is in trouble!

How so?

The National Rifle Association, while staying mostly quiet in the immediate aftermath of the mass shooting in Connecticut, has registered an average of 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy, an NRA source told Fox News.

Keep thinking that our guns are safe. Tell that to the Australians. People keep hiding their heads in the sand and thinking that their guns are safe.

If you own a gun, there is no legitimate reason not to be a member of the NRA. Our guns would be gone now if it weren't for years of battles by the NRA to keep them.

Gun owners that are not members of the NRA are hypocrites. I can't say that I always agree with them, but they are out there fighting the battles for us.

The thing is - we're Americans - not Australians. A lot of crazy stuff happens in places all over the world. The NRA is just a political machine...nothing more. I will never become a member - until they stop with the scare tatics that so many people buy into. Life is too short (IMO) to get caught up in the "the guns would be gone by now if not for the NRA." Unless the Zombies start showing up - I'll be supporting hunting conservation orgs that I trust, not a political machine.

Today, 10:29 AM
ginkgo72
Member Join Date: Dec 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is - we're Americans - not Australians. A lot of crazy stuff happens in places all over the world. The NRA is just a political machine...nothing more. I will never become a member - until they stop with the scare tatics that so many people buy into. Life is too short (IMO) to get caught up in the "the guns would be gone by now if not for the NRA." Unless the Zombies start showing up - I'll be supporting hunting conservation orgs that I trust, not a political machine.

Sir---Politics is what this whole country is run by, so how do you suggest they get things done without being a political machine, for God's sakes! You may call them scare tactics, but I guess you never watch the comments people in high places like Shumer, Boxer, Feinstein, Bloomberg, et.al. are spouting every day about banning damn near everything and they are the ones that can vote and take them away if there isn't an ongoing fight to stop them. What have you done lately in the battle to keep them? Haven't you read all the people from the UK and Australia in support of us that say they never thought they would lose their firearms? Did you have your head in the sand when the Health care Bill was crammed down our throats when the majority of Americans didn't want it in the form it was passed? Please get your head out of the sand and don't think it can't happen here!

Last edited:
.......the "Hunting Fool" is an appropriate name for a group.

If you are interested in guns join the NRA and or GOA, if you are interested in hunting, land management and conservation join the RMEF, Mule Deer Foundation, Sheep Foundation, Ducks Unlimited, support the Theodore Roosevelt org and so forth.

If you are not behind the "gunners" trying to keep "assault weapons" and "high capacity mags" from being banned then why should the NRA help you keep your hunting heritage from anti hunters?

My 2nd Ammendment right is more important than your hunting heritage.

We will see in about a half hour whether I will plop down the money for a life membership or not

Last edited:
I too am a life member. I agree with Fin on the them not fighting other issues. If I wasn't paid up , I wouldn't do it again. I realize it takes money to fight different things, but when you give and give, and they call you at 10pm wanting money for this or that. It starts to get in your crawl. I send money elsewhere.

There are always going to be extremists on just about everything in life. I don't want to argue the health care bill (Obama Care) with you - other than it was orginally a republican idea and the world hasn't come to an end yet. (Even though today is the day). Basic health care is a human right - IMO
With over 200 million privately owned guns in the US...how do you think they'll get them all back and melt them? It doesn't make sense! I didn't say don't speak up if you have convictions - but I think it's foolish to blindly support a political machine like the NRA.

Apparently am one of the above. Jig, I will let you decide which one.

BTW, I love "your" grammar when referring to others as idiots and fools.:D

I too am a life member. I agree with Fin on the them not fighting other issues. If I wasn't paid up , I wouldn't do it again. I realize it takes money to fight different things, but when you give and give, and they call you at 10pm wanting money for this or that. It starts to get in your crawl. I send money elsewhere.

I don't agree that the NRA should be fighting other issues. Here's an old thread from the past where that was discussed.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=232019

I use to be a member, BUT, they decided to start flexing their political muscle in other areas in Montana.

Even though the majority of Montana's wanted the hunting on game farms stopped, the NRA weighed in on this and tried to force Montanans to accept them.

The came out against I-161 (outfitter set asides). Even though the majority of Montanans were in favor. Had nothing to do with weapons.

They also have put a hurting on our moderate Repubs here in Montana. A good friend, and ex- representative out of my district was hit with a massive negative mailing by the NRA, in his bid for Senator. They killed his chances, and now we have to deal with a right wing Teabagger, that De regulated the power industry last time he was in office. We all know how that worked, don't we. Remember Montana Power Co.?

They should have stuck to guns.

I won't support them, but do support the 2ND Amendment.

You can look to California to find out what the future of gun control in the rest of the nation will look like. Assault weapons, high cap mags, have been illegal here for years, the rest of the nation is about to catch up. If you want to get scared look at what Cali is trying to do now. They are considering a bill that would require a license/background check just to purchase ammunition. The lawmaker that crafted the ammo bill has authored several others and makes it very clear he wishes to eliminate guns/ammunition all together. The best part, he keeps getting re-elected.

I'll add my voice to the "used to be, but not anymore" crowd. I just got sick of the scare tactics and constant phone calls and mailers when there was no discernible threat to 2nd amendment rights.

Unfortunately they are no longer "the boy who cried wolf" as new legislation looks like it has some legs.

I used to be an NRA member. If they stuck to 2nd Amendment issues, I may still be a member. I actually considered becoming a life member at one point, but I'm glad I didn't now. On conservation issues in recent memory they have generally come up on the wrong side of sportsmen, more pro-atv and pro-energy development, among others. They may not be a sporting or conservation organization, but I'd be willing to bet a large part of their constituency is sportsmen and women and they've seemingly turn their back on those folks.

Those issues are in addition to having them having Larry Craig, Ted Nugent, and Jim Gilmore (etc.) on their board of directors... Picking those guys to lead your organization is like picking Ray Charles to be your designated driver. :W:

The best think this country has done in the last 4 years was to get rid of the super majority. That spells nothing but trouble. Hopefully it stays that way through the next 4 years. That's really our only protection. Imagine what they could do to us if they were to have a super majority again (Obamacare all over again). I don't care what party you affiliate with I don't think its good when either party has a super majority.

The one thing we all need to be afraid of is not regulations of ar-15s, mag capacity and similar issues but what will the government do after that! They will not stop! They will never stop trying? They think of thousands of meaningless regulations each year that only hurt us, our businesses, our rights to access public land and the economy. Do you think Bloomberg will stop at limiting the size of mtn dew you have with your panda bowl? Nope. He's gonna limit the size of your panda bowl. Maybe even go after the way food is cooked or the type of food you can eat. Believe me most people could use a little limitation on food consumption starting with me but should the government have the right to do that. But, do you think Fienstein, Pelosi, Biden, and Reid will be satisfied with mag capacity at 10 rounds or the type of firearm or ammunition we can purchase? How about the price or the amount of tax we have to pay for ammunition? Who needs 10 rounds to shoot a deer anyway, right? Why limit it to 10, why not 3? Who would stop them from limiting us all from shooting single shot rifles? I shoot a TC Encore so it wouldn't hurt me to go with single shots but I'm not thinking of only myself.

I have nothing bad to say about the NRA. They fight for my rights because I can't and I probably would suck at it anyway. I'm a member and will always be. I do choose not to take their magazines because they are not for me. I'm not harassed by the phone calls because I have a house phone for solicitors and others that I choose not to give my cell number to. The house phone goes right to voice mail and the voice mail is then forwarded to my email and its a simple click with my middle finger to delete them.

IMO. Buckmasters is the worst at unwanted solicitations. I've never been solicited at my office before until they did. I would smash my cell with a hammer if they ever got that number. I'll never subscribe to them again just because of the harassment.

I'm not a political guy but I found this link interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=rrjU-HBkmLE

They will not stop at just clips they will go after all guns maybe not right now but as long as this idiot is in office they will try.

An only a fool will say it can't happen

That is funny stuff right there.

You got the 6 fingered banjo pickers on one side and the pillow-biting crybabies on the other. I'm in the middle, and haven't been an NRA member for about a decade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back