MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

NRA wasting your money?

Two things I will never understand

1. How can driving fast and turning left all day be a sport?

2. How Wayne rose to the top of the NRA? I can not think of a worse speaker on behalf of gun owners. He makes Max Baucus look like a gifted speaker.

I don't care what the NRA does with their money, I know I will not give them a dime as long as they hold onto their lunatic agenda that Wayne lays out.

One does wonder why advertise to your own membership at NASCAR. If Wayne wanted to get more market share for non NRA member gun owners, he should be advertising in NBA, NFL and MLB locker rooms.

Nemont

Dale was quite the innovator.

Dale was quite the innovator.
dale.jpg

Not me, but I could probably pull it off...

I told my wife, "Stand back I am not sure how big this thing gets". I guess it is all about perspective.

Nemont

Holy crap, Nemont has a sense of humor. Learning that just made this lousy day a little bit better. :)

Nemont, they say if you ever go to one race you're hooked. I wouldn't know, but there'll be 190,000 at the NRA 500...many are season ticket holders, many renting freakin' radios dialed to the frequencies of the driver/pit exchanges, concessions, parking, Recreational Vehicle accomodation fees (for multiple days). ...etc, etc. Race week turns dollars over many times for the communities involved....not a bad thing IMO. I don't know haw many 'warm up' races they stage during race week but it is quite the festival and revenue producer. I tune in sometimes to the TV broadcast just to see what lap Danica retired to the pit on... or if she is driving in the green fireproof go daddy bikini yet.

As far as Mr LaPierre as a spokesman, Joe Biden is giving him a run for his money on the sheer effectiveness of new memberships sold.

Nemont, they say if you ever go to one race you're hooked. I wouldn't know, but there'll be 190,000 at the NRA 500...many are season ticket holders, many renting freakin' radios dialed to the frequencies of the driver/pit exchanges, concessions, parking, Recreational Vehicle accomodation fees (for multiple days). ...etc, etc. Race week turns dollars over many times for the communities involved....not a bad thing IMO. I don't know haw many 'warm up' races they stage during race week but it is quite the festival and revenue producer. I tune in sometimes to the TV broadcast just to see what lap Danica retired to the pit on... or if she is driving in the green fireproof go daddy bikini yet.

As far as Mr LaPierre as a spokesman, Joe Biden is giving him a run for his money on the sheer effectiveness of new memberships sold.
FWIW, I read a news article years ago that stated that both the Indy 500 and Brickyard 500 bring as much money into Indianapolis as the Super Bowl does to the host city. Lots and lots of folks go to these things.

That said, the NRA is not wasting my money... :p

No, I meant he tried to turn right.;)
So wrong and so funny! I remember when he died they were interviewing local grievers at vigil. So many crying for someone they never met. I didn't get it then and I still don't.

Didn't realize dink was a fan though.
3077793202_399111e8c4_z.jpg

I have no problem with people who want to follow NASCAR, I just don't get the whole thing. That is all, I don't get watching car racing.

If you have use Joe Biden as an example of effectiveness I would crow about that. Joe was born with both feet in his mouth.

Nemont

Holy crap, Nemont has a sense of humor. Learning that just made this lousy day a little bit better. :)

Ask the people I hang out with, I am a funny guy. It just doesn't come across I guess on the internet.

Nemont

I think I will bookmark this thread for a time when the need for some laughter is high. Well played there gentlemen.:D

:)My oh my! Where these things go, hehehe. All I can say is I don't see any spots on Natl' tv for the NRA. Seems most you hear is the negative liberal news spin. Not only have they captured the attention of the race fans that will be in attendance but the millions of fans who are watching on TV. Free advertisment basically. Imagine the bill if they were to buy the number of spots during the race that they'll get by sponsorship. They aren't a perfect organization, But who is, other than OYOA! My three cents. Think I need a new keyboard as every 3rd stroke seems to miss and I have to go back and fix.:)

Oh may I add, I got a email two days ago that Larry Potterfield of Midway USA is donating 1 mil. to NRA celebrate his millionth active customer. Sooo................

I wounder if they're gonna get Uncle Ted to play the National Anthem! I think the world would shake from all the Liberals throwing shoes at their TVs. John

Last edited:
One does wonder why advertise to your own membership at NASCAR. If Wayne wanted to get more market share for non NRA member gun owners, he should be advertising in NBA, NFL and MLB locker rooms.

Nemont

Honestly, you think anyone in the gun industry could buy airtime during one of those sports? Could Glock get a 30 second spot during the Superbowl?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back