SITKA Gear

Dallas/Fort Worth eats?

Dave N

If you're hankering for delicious fresh shellfish...downtown Dallas, cool little place smak dab in the middle of the bustle

Spendy steak, great wine list...also downtown Big D

Been to a Morton's up here in Chicago once. Nice food! Love seafood, I'll have to look that joint up and check out their menu. Thanks!

noharleyyet

A couple people mentioned Babe's for fried chicken. i go to Babe's every chance i get when in Texas and always order the chicken fried steak. it is awesome.
We love that place but have to ration the visits...the volume of delicious homestyle vittles makes for a drowsy drive home and a crash diet. I've not had a single serving of anything that didn't rival my granny's cooking...

TexanSam

For the common folk, (Hard Eight BBQ), you won't be disappointed....
The original Stephenville location always outdoes the metroplex locations. Also Stephenville is a cool town and if you take the back roads the drive can be pretty fun.

I would also recommend Riskys, Railhead Smokehouse, Coopers. Then if you want something other than barbecue, the rodeo goat is a great place for burgers, Joe T Garcias for Mexican food, Bayou Jacks for Cajun food. And as someone else mentioned, you cannot go wrong with Babes.

Schmitty

The Texas twinkle @ Hutchins might be one of the top 5 things I've ever eaten. The rest of their meats are very good as well.

Pecan Lodge was good.

Cattleack in Farmers Branch was Really good.

We'll be out there in 2 weeks and we are planning on stopping at Dayne's,
Goldee's and Panther city in Ft. Worth as well as Hurtado's in Arlington.

Steve O

If you want to take a little drive out by TCU, there is a great place called The Woodshed. They have a featured game meat every day and a lamb brisket that is out of this world.

Sitka Banner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana Lori