Dallas/Fort Worth eats?

Shuck Me for a hunter owned seafood place, Southlake and other locations.
Need a place to stay, https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/424709...on_id=p3_1619119916_8KdHjjoo132trpAI&guests=1
Oh darn, they don't seem to be available in October. Guess I'll just save my money for something else. Like maybe 2 sets of tires for my car! Sheesh! You high rollers are gonna have to cheapen up if you want to hang with me! I'm fine with doing a Hilton or Hyatt now and then but I'm not interested in paying THAT MUCH for one night! 😲

BTW!
Like "antiques"?
Take Hwy 6 south out of Waco to Calvert, TX (Google 'calvert texas antiques').
Between The Silos and Calvert Antiques, IF you have any money left, continue south on Hwy 6 to Hearne, TX. Take HWY 79 South to Taylor TX to Louis Mueller's BBQ!
From there, it's about 20 miles on over to Round Rock, TX and you'll be back on IH35.

I got to get down there to Louie Muellers sometime, I've heard folks praise that place more times than I can count.

I got to get down there to Louie Muellers sometime, I've heard folks praise that place more times than I can count.
Louie Mueller's has changed.
It used to open 11am and close at 6 or 7pm.
Anymore, they cook X meat. When that's gone they shut the doors.

When Louie passed, his son Bobby picked up the flag. Bobby has since gone on. I'm not sure "who" runs the ship now....but it eats just as well as it ever did last time I was there.

Last edited:
The Allsup’s burrito or the Dairy Queen Jalitos won’t do you wrong...least not for a few hours!
Allsup's deep fried bean burrito!
Bet I've eat a ton of 'em!
Lays in the pit of your stomach like a lead brick!

Oh I totally forgot about the state parks too. Some are better than others, but some I like are Dinosaur Valley, Inks Lake,
God bless the allsups burrito.

Also if you do take hwy 6 south of waco, pay close attention to the speed limit, those cops on those little bitty towns make most of their annual revenue off out of towner's blowing through.

Keep going south and you'll end up in aggieland (college station) which is a great place if you like to witness cult practices.

Go the opposite way out of waco on highway 6 and you'll come across the town of Dublin, where Dr Pepper originated from.

Oh I totally forgot about the state parks too. Some are better than others, but some I like are Dinosaur Valley, Inks Lake,

Also if you do take hwy 6 south of waco, pay close attention to the speed limit, those cops on those little bitty towns make most of their annual revenue off out of towner's blowing through.

Keep going south and you'll end up in aggieland (college station) which is a great place if you like to witness cult practices.

Go the opposite way out of waco on highway 6 and you'll come across the town of Dublin, where Dr Pepper originated from.
Dublin used to be the only place you could get the "original" Dr Pepper recipe with Imperial Sugar (refined in Sugarland, TX).
I'm not sure if it's Dublin, TX or not, but somebody makes a run of Dr Pepper with real sugar instead of sweeteners every year. It doesn't stay on the shelf very long! 😀!

TexanSam

Active member​

Otto Matic said:

My youngest used to have a CD/tape of Pat Green where he's talking about the end of a weekend "road trip".
He digs around under the seat and finds what's left of an Allsup's deep fried bean burrito and picks the lint off of it. Then you stick you hand in that cooler of warm, murky water looking for that last surviving soldier that made it through the weekend...!
The man is as much an icon of "Texas" as BBQ and Shiner Bock beer!

My youngest used to have a CD/tape of Pat Green where he's talking about the end of a weekend "road trip".
He digs around under the seat and finds what's left of an Allsup's deep fried bean burrito and picks the lint off of it. Then you stick you hand in that cooler of warm, murky water looking for that last surviving soldier that made it through the weekend...!
The man is as much an icon of "Texas" as BBQ and Shiner

Found it for ya lol This thread is going to make me homesick. Ironically enough Pat Green starts another song with the line "What the hell am I doing up in Kansas City"

For a non-Texican on a sightseeing trip through Fort Worth, Texas on a Saturday evening requires an evening in "The Stockyards"! BBQ and watching the "Stockyards Championship Rodeo". Your rodeo ticket will get you into "Billy Bob's" for free where you have a choice of 3 dance floors and/or another bull riding event.
Not to mention what live entertainment may be onstage.

DO NOT forget to visit M.L. Leddy's boot shop! For somewhere near ONE cool grand and about a year of your life, you can get a pair of custom, handmade boots that are like putting on a pair of leather socks! An absolute "dream" to wear!

No place but T-E-X-A-S!

For a non-Texican on a sightseeing trip through Fort Worth, Texas on a Saturday evening requires an evening in "The Stockyards"! BBQ and watching the "Stockyards Championship Rodeo". Your rodeo ticket will get you into "Billy Bob's" for free where you have a choice of 3 dance floors and/or another bull riding event.
Not to mention what live entertainment may be onstage.

DO NOT forget to visit M.L. Leddy's boot shop! For somewhere near ONE cool grand and about a year of your life, you can get a pair of custom, handmade boots that are like putting on a pair of leather socks! An absolute "dream" to wear!

No place but T-E-X-A-S!
Yeah, I think I'm good on boots. :rolleyes: Got a new pair a couple years ago and only wore them 3 or 4 times so far. Must be about another 4 pair in the closet! Don't think the wife would approve.

Need to look into the Stockyards a bit more.

Yeah, I think I'm good on boots. :rolleyes: Got a new pair a couple years ago and only wore them 3 or 4 times so far. Must be about another 4 pair in the closet! Don't think the wife would approve.

Need to look into the Stockyards a bit more.
Still no reason not to visit Leddy's. If nothing else, just enjoy the smells and the atmosphere.
A stroll along the south side of Exchange Ave then back west along the north side. Maybe they'll have the longhorn cattle drive down Exchange Ave. Pretty neat show.

Oh darn, they don't seem to be available in October. Guess I'll just save my money for something else. Like maybe 2 sets of tires for my car! Sheesh! You high rollers are gonna have to cheapen up if you want to hang with me! I'm fine with doing a Hilton or Hyatt now and then but I'm not interested in paying THAT MUCH for one night! 😲
Did you check the price for one room, not the whole house ?

Back