Yeti GOBOX Collection

NRA wasting your money?

So Buzz, what are you implying? That he cheats on his taxes. Who cares how much he makes in speaking fees? Who cares what his income is? I might give chit if he was CEO of Solyndra.

FWIW, I think there are more 'talented' message presenters than Mr. LaPierre but I don't think the NRA board gives two chits what I or BuzzH thinks...

NHY,

No, I'm not implying that he cheats on his taxes, I'm sure he reports all his cash transactions and is a model citizen. Probably such a guy of such strong moral character that he doesnt take tax credits, deductions, etc. that the senators/congressmen he fails to unelect year after year pass, that benefit him personally. I'm sure his moral compass points due North.

The question was asked how much he makes...its not just the $970,000 that the NRA pays him.

Happy now?

NHY,

No, I'm not implying that he cheats on his taxes, I'm sure he reports all his cash transactions and is a model citizen. Probably such a guy of such strong moral character that he doesnt take tax credits, deductions, etc. that the senators/congressmen he fails to unelect year after year pass, that benefit him personally. I'm sure his moral compass points due North.

The question was asked how much he makes...its not just the $970,000 that the NRA pays him.

Happy now?
To be fair, I should have asked how much the NRA pays him as that was what I was interested in and more relevant to the title of the thread about where the NRA money is going.

I do not know how accurate these are but some information:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danbigm...nras-wayne-lapierre-gets-paid-to-defend-guns/
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000082&cycle=2012

I disagree that they are defending the Constitution when they give money to the candidates that have chipped away at the 4th amendment and also voted to continue the concentration of power in the executive branch.

I'm sure his moral compass points due North.

You think your boy doesn't have his IRS jackboots poring over the NRA and the honorable Mr. LaPierre's bidness records?

Happy now?

I'm always happy Buzz, you should try it sometime.;)

Who gives a crap what they spend their money on?

It's an organization funded by it's members and private companies. If you don't agree with how they spend their money, don't join(or renew).

Who gives a crap what they spend their money on?

It's an organization funded by it's members and private companies. If you don't agree with how they spend their money, don't join(or renew).
Between that comment and getting your wife to mow the lawn you are quickly becoming my idol.

Wish I had an extra $1M I would wrap a car with pics of the dead kids from Newtown. That would crash Uncle Lapierre's party.

Dude!, you had the nerve to call my Gabby Giffords post "sick"... You need professional help....can't you see straight:confused:

Whats reported he makes, and what he actually makes...two different things.

Well, just ask OBAMA/Jessie Jackson jr.,etc and plenty of of the crooks in D.C. how much they "REALLY" make.. Buzz your statement could be applied to plenty of others.

Do you have a problem with the Obama's staff? and the money they waste?

Confront the horror. Two weeks after 20 kids are killed Uncle Wayne responds by suggesting armed guards in every school. 90% of the people in this country get how messed up that is.

Let's see, armed guards. No armed guards. If I was a raving lunatic where would I go if I wanted to make myself known on the news? DING-DING-DING!!! SOMEWHERE WHERE THERE WASN'T ANY ARMED GUARDS! I would think your 90% is a tad off. I would imagine (without doing any research) that it's nowhere near that high. I personally think it's a GREAT idea. How to pay for it would be the only problem I see.

NASCAR is extremely popular and the NRA sponsoring a race is good advertising. I work for a company that sponsors a car and they figure out the airtime received for the car as well as on-air chatter. They figure out the costs and benefits they get from each race regarding advertisement. If the car sucks and never gets much airtime the benefits are much less than if it was always contending for the win. Now, being a SPONSOR of the race gets your name mentioned everywhere, printed in papers just for the name of the race if nothing else, and it gets advertising in millions of homes around the world during the race. Lots of money? Sure. But the fringe benefits of it can far outway the cost.

Some of these threads are great to read simply for the humor aspect.
As for the op, I don't mind where my NRA member dues go... I have more concern as to my union dues and the #1 financial contributor to the DNC.
Though that is another story.

Two things I will never understand

1. How can driving fast and turning left all day be a sport?

2. How Wayne rose to the top of the NRA? I can not think of a worse speaker on behalf of gun owners. He makes Max Baucus look like a gifted speaker.

I don't care what the NRA does with their money, I know I will not give them a dime as long as they hold onto their lunatic agenda that Wayne lays out.

One does wonder why advertise to your own membership at NASCAR. If Wayne wanted to get more market share for non NRA member gun owners, he should be advertising in NBA, NFL and MLB locker rooms.

Nemont

Well, just ask OBAMA/Jessie Jackson jr.,etc and plenty of of the crooks in D.C. how much they "REALLY" make.. Buzz your statement could be applied to plenty of others.

Do you have a problem with the Obama's staff? and the money they waste?

Two wrongs always make it right...

Back