Yeti GOBOX Collection

Non resident Landowner incentive.

@JLS i saw your comment you deleted. If you can figure out how to do that I’m all for it. Stupidity is strong in Montana mainly by the people that pull the trigger with decisions.
Montana has one of the dumbest and most confusing draw procedures around. Now, we can double down and make the seasons even more confusing too. Brilliant…

Is it going to be printed in the tag or license what 14 days you selected? Can you get separate blocks for each species you have a tag for? I’m really struggling to see where Montana is following hanks wish to simplify things

Is it going to be printed in the tag or license what 14 days you selected? Can you get separate blocks for each species you have a tag for? I’m really struggling to see where Montana is following hanks wish to simplify things
I read it as your only allowed to hunt deer, elk, or antelope combined for no more than 14 days.

So did this bill do away with the nonresident college license? I see it was repealed at the end of the bill.

I read it as your only allowed to hunt deer, elk, or antelope combined for no more than 14 days.
You are correct.

This will be great for outfitter clients. It will be an enforcement nightmare.

Just baffled at the stupidity of this.

So did this bill do away with the nonresident college license? I see it was repealed at the end of the bill.
I watched the committee meeting on the bill and yes, in its current form it does repeal that.

You are correct.

This will be great for outfitter clients. It will be an enforcement nightmare.

Just baffled at the stupidity of this.
Yeah seems really unenforceable to me as well. The anti-nonresident bills are roaring through out the west. Unfortunately this is a response to the crazy demand and dwindling resource. Nonresidents are just an easy target. This bill really needs to be for both residents and nonresidents and enforceable. Then we would finally be getting somewhere. But that’s a nonstarter so the nonresidents are the sacrificial lamb

Unfortunately this is a response to the crazy demand and dwindling resource. Nonresidents are just an easy target.
Something needs to give, and it’s understandable to look for the low hanging fruit. I can honestly say my GAF has bottomed out on this. As a NR, I have little interest in going back and hunting what used to be my home. If I do, it’ll be an elk B tag and time with friends.

It’s just the sheer stupidity of how this is being approached. How in the world is a 14 day limit going to be monitored and enforced across deer, elk, and antelope? Archery and rifle? Muzzleloader? This is asinine and speaks to people looking for easy solutions when the problem has been percolating for a couple of decades or more.

I truly wish you guys good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys don’t think the license can’t have dates it’s valid for on it most people take pictures when they kill a animal I think it would probably be pretty easy to enforce kinda like buying a day fishing permit
Good point. You could have it be like the 1 day or 2 day fishing licenses where you have to pick your days…boy that would suck but that would probably be enforceable. If it’s a random pick any 14 days on short notice honor system that wouldn’t be very enforceable

You guys don’t think the license can’t have dates it’s valid for on it most people take pictures when they kill a animal I think it would probably be pretty easy to enforce kinda like buying a day fishing permit
The antelope draw is held after the elk/deer licenses are issued. It would effectively prevent a NR from having both. 🤔 maybe that is the point.

Good point. You could have it be like the 1 day or 2 day fishing licenses where you have to pick your days…boy that would suck but that would probably be enforceable. If it’s a random pick any 14 days on short notice honor system that wouldn’t be very enforceable
Expecting hunters to self police on this is a joke. Enforcing it an even bigger one. mtmuley

The % of hunters that are ever checked in the field is small. Additionally what percent ever post a picture online where it could be seen and even then just because it has a posted date doesn’t mean it will have anything valid to do with when the hunt took place

The % of hunters that are ever checked in the field is small. Additionally what percent ever post a picture online where it could be seen and even then just because it has a posted date doesn’t mean it will have anything valid to do with when the hunt took place
It would have some sort of a honor system but the tag would have only valid on these days. I guess is not different than a guy driving up to the breaks and shooting a bull without a permit by your logic

It would have some sort of a honor system but the tag would have only valid on these days. I guess is not different than a guy driving up to the breaks and shooting a bull without a permit by your logic
It's a big fat do nothing bill a solution in search of a problem. I doubt most non residents hunt more than a week, a few maybe 10 days, a few more 14 days and probably somewhere around 3 or 4 that hunt more than 14 days.

I typically hunt as a NR there about 7-10 days as I'm tied up with other tags in other States. Even then, usually about half those days I'm helping my Nephews, Dad, and Brother and not even packing a rifle.

Big deal, limit NRs to 14 days.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back