Caribou Gear Tarp

Finally an equitable balance between resident and non resident shed hunting access.

Just ban shed hunting on the federal level. Huge fined and jail time. Christ, we are already pushing these poor animals all over the place due to reduced habitat and increased human pressure. Shed hunting is probably taking place when the animals are still calorie deprived and practically starving to death. I'm sure society can survive without the antler shed market. This is ridiculous.
Montana has sholder seasons and Idaho just closed a cow seasons Jan 31st.
Calories burned is a joke we can rotisserie a 4 mo old fetus over here!

Just ban shed hunting on the federal level. Huge fined and jail time. Christ, we are already pushing these poor animals all over the place due to reduced habitat and increased human pressure. Shed hunting is probably taking place when the animals are still calorie deprived and practically starving to death. I'm sure society can survive without the antler shed market. This is ridiculous.
Not a fan. A season is better, with a limited amount of permits. Just like firewood or any forest product, you must have a permit to gather on NF land.

It bugs me to see them used as dog chews - tried them once here, they cut up my dogs' mouths as they broke them up. I like seeing them used as knife handles/grips/scales, etc. Banning the harvest would eliminate that.

I'd like to see paid permits, and a season, and a limit on how many permits. The retail price of antler will go up, due to squeezing the supply, but a limit would be good for the animals and still allow some harvest.

Anything we do in the woods is disruptive to wildlife, let's try balance instead of prohibition.

David
NM

The whole re-vote on this bill seems like the crookedest thing I have ever heard of. I now propose that all Montana residents get a 7 day head start for both archery and rifle season.

Interestingly, in WY you technically have to have a permit and permission to pick up a dead head. Anyone know how a dead head would be different than a shed antler? I mean other than a dead head may have been poached. But a dead head from natural causes or even accidental loss seems to be the same thing as a shed antler.

As a resident I am glad this passed.

The whole re-vote on this bill seems like the crookedest thing I have ever heard of. I now propose that all Montana residents get a 7 day head start for both archery and rifle season.
Then vote it in, hunting privileges etc. are not any different then other state issues. You have every right to do it and these politicians and counsels work for you and should be working towards doing things that benefit residents of that state.

Just dont come crying when Butte, Dillon, Helena, Eureka turns into Bozeman. And Bozeman and Missoula become Portland and Seattle :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back