Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Mule deer in a pinch

Happy for you Randy. Bucks like that should go to a guy like you that spends so much time in the field as well as helping others.

Randy, that is a really nice buck. Love the front end on that one. The rut, what a fine time to hunt.
Holy hat switch, did my eyes deceive me?

Thanks for so many kind comments, guys. Hope it makes a good episode. Tyler reviewed the footage and assured me it is really good. For now, I'll go with that.

......You were cheating though, good company helps a ton. That's an unfair advantage.

Dang right. I try to hire the A-Team.

When you are as old, cobbled, deaf, and blind as me, you make sure that you have either a guest hunter or a camera guy that has some/all of the following traits to compensate for one's age/lineage-induced shortcomings.

• Strong back - check
  • Good hearing - check
  • Sharp vision - check
  • Hunting instincts -check
  • Knows where the power button is on the camera - optional
Tyler has all of those. Brad from last year had many of them, also.

Holy hat switch, did my eyes deceive me?

Nope, no eye problems for you. In the TV gig, one thing the ad agencies require is a lot of field photos. Every agency wants field pics with their client's hat/logo. So, in my pack, you usually see a couple of spare hats. Or, you see some clothing with enough patches that looks like I'm Jonesin' for a position on a NASCAR team.

Great buck! I wish I could of joined you guys. Maybe next time. BTW I have Tyler on my Fantasy Team :D

Next time, schmext time. We had those bulls all tied up for you and you were too busy to come and shoot one of them. When we left, we told some guys from CA where we had left them. They declined.

If you don't have Tyler on your fantasy team, you're a fool. The same applies for a lot of other guys who hang out on Hunt Talk. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them in high demand on draft boards. In a draft, I would Mr. Irrelevant, or maybe an undrafted free agent (heavy emphasis on the "free" part).

Look forward to viewing this episode next year. I always enjoy you showing how things really unfold on your hunts (I can still see that b-i-g muley I sent a round right in front of years ago ... walking, and no 2nd shot). Love the fronts on that buck --- congrats!

Nope, no eye problems for you. In the TV gig, one thing the ad agencies require is a lot of field photos. Every agency wants field pics with their client's hat/logo. So, in my pack, you usually see a couple of spare hats. Or, you see some clothing with enough patches that looks like I'm Jonesin' for a position on a NASCAR team.

You need to take a couple pics with a Coke, be sure to turn the bottle so I can see the logo!!
I understand completely, we all gotta pay the bills.

Beautiful buck Randy! Enjoyed the story. Much better than we did in Kooch County this year in northern Minn! I'm sure you've heard. But the wolf population is doing well. Many pics on trail cams and sightings during season. Tracks everywhere. I've been trying for one good mulie hunt but the point creep in Colorado keeps staying one point ahead of me! I'll be old too soon and smart too late!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back