Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Know Your State

Before you return them, contact your local F&G, Forestry, BLM and Federal land offices and ask specifically about using non-motorized, pull along game carts for retrieving downed game animals from the field during hunting season. You will need to talk to an officer or the Biologist in charge. You may be OK and not have to return any of them. If you plan to hunt another state, be sure to check with their offices before using them. Remember, the internet is only the starting place for looking for answers. Physically calling and talking to official officers is where you get your final answers. Good luck and happy hunting!
euro-trip.gif

I agree that there are designated wilderness areas in Idaho but, of those, I know of none that allow the use of game carts.
FYI: Wilderness Preservation System (NWPS) is co-managed by the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management (BLM), US Fish & Game Service, and US Forest Service. Each federal agency manages several individual wilderness units that differ in size and geography. The US agencies work hand in hand with corresponding state agencies. If you are planning to hunt any unit or area which you are unsure of, contact your local state agency. Folks, as a Park Ranger for a NM park and wildlife refuge, I worked hand-in-hand with the NM state F&G, so I know something about this stuff. Simply spouting answers off the top of your head doesn't mean your right. You've got to do your own homework and dig deep for the answers.

Not just USDA Forest Service Wilderness.
The Bureau of Land Management is responsible for 263 wilderness areas and 487 wilderness study areas in the western States and Alaska.

Easy enough Bill, just let USFS Law Enforcement know when you are going into the wilderness areas with your cart. They can be there to assist with you getting a ticket.

Call again and ask specifically about federally designated wilderness areas, use that language and then come back with your wisdom.
Or better yet who did you speak with I'll call and ask the right questions ?

Next thing Bill tells us is that Non residents can hunt wilderness areas in Wyoming.

Before you return them, contact your local F&G, Forestry, BLM and Federal land offices and ask specifically about using non-motorized, pull along game carts for retrieving downed game animals from the field during hunting season. You will need to talk to an officer or the Biologist in charge. You may be OK and not have to return any of them. If you plan to hunt another state, be sure to check with their offices before using them. Remember, the internet is only the starting place for looking for answers. Physically calling and talking to official officers is where you get your final answers. Good luck and happy hunting!
I don't think the AI algorithm can identify sarcasm yet 😂.

The Achilles heel of AI is poor quality or erroneous information makes it less intelligent over time. If you feed this thing nearly- but non-sense information the sites it regurgitates for will be trash rather than competition.

My pet theory is that if AI ever becomes dangerous it may be defeated with Mad Libs.

FYI: Wilderness Preservation System (NWPS) is co-managed by the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management (BLM), US Fish & Game Service, and US Forest Service. Each federal agency manages several individual wilderness units that differ in size and geography. The US agencies work hand in hand with corresponding state agencies. If you are planning to hunt any unit or area which you are unsure of, contact your local state agency. Folks, as a Park Ranger for a NM park and wildlife refuge, I worked hand-in-hand with the NM state F&G, so I know something about this stuff. Simply spouting answers off the top of your head doesn't mean your right. You've got to do your own homework and dig deep for the answers.
Cool answer bro. Wilderness areas all have the same rules for non-mechanized equipment.

I just got off the phone with the Idaho State BLM office. They informed me that using a non-motorized game cart to retrieve downed game in the field is OK! I think Big Fin is becoming the very "misinformed" contributor he complains about.
Bill, I own the joint. I've given you more latitude than I should have.

I've been on the road most of the last week. Here are the moderation reports I cleared, just this morning. Note who they are all focused on.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 9.20.54 AM.png

Since you refuse to answer any of my questions, something bots struggle with, I am going with the assumption that you are a bot. And if you are not a bot, your unwillingness to comply with the rules of the forum or respond to the PMs sent by the owner don't give me too much concern about your account.

I see no loss to the forum by removing your account, given the amount of incorrect information in your posts.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back