Caribou Gear

Game Carts

Use one frequently for deer.
In many cases, it's a whole lot quicker and handier than trailering up the four wheeler, loading, unloading, strapping down, etc.
Just throw the cart in back of truck and go fetch it.

I've used one over the years, sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it's not worth the effort.

If there's a good relatively flat trail with not many rocks or dead falls it can be great. I also added a brake for going down steeper sections, I didn't have it for this photo and I sure could have used it.

View attachment 305600
I have had the exact same cart for more than 30yrs now. had to replace the rims as my kids had a whole bull on it, made it to within feet of the pickup when they decided to be cute and turn fast and sharp

Being a 69 year old solo hunter, I've had to figure ways for solving my own problems. Here in Idaho, we are allowed to take a game cart with us into the field if it has no motor. I have two favorites; Hawk Crawler game cart because all the weight is on four wheels and its easy to pull along roads and well used game trails. I also have a Smitty Sled for use in winter snow. At my age, I really can't go where my cart can't go anyway. I normally just park it close by for my final stock. My game carts have become my pack-mules. If it hadn't been for my game carts, I would have aged out of hunting long ago. I was just wondering if anyone else out there uses game carts?
Did you ask whether they allow 60 something year old robots in wilderness areas?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back