Know Your State

Bill Christy

I just got off the phone with the Idaho, F&G, Upper Snake Regional Office concerning the use of non-motorized game carts for game retrieval in the field. I was informed that Idaho F&G has no problem with using a non-motorized game cart for game retrieval. They did mention I should additionally contact the BLM office concerning their policy for non-motorized game cart use. Nevertheless, F&G mentioned they do not think BLM would have a problem with it. Folks, before "poo-pooing" what could be useful information, check with you local F&G office. Good Hunting!

I just got off the phone with the Idaho, F&G, Upper Snake Regional Office concerning the use of non-motorized game carts for game retrieval in the field. I was informed that Idaho F&G has no problem with using a non-motorized game cart for game retrieval. They did mention I should additionally contact the BLM office concerning their policy for non-motorized game cart use. Nevertheless, F&G mentioned they do not think BLM would have a problem with it. Folks, before "poo-pooing" what could be useful information, check with you local F&G office. Good Hunting!
Bill you need to know your terminology. There's a big difference between national forest or BLM administered lands and designated wilderness. You repeatedly posted about game carts in wilderness. Many people attempted to correct you.

Folks, before listening to crappy advice on the internet, contact the actual agency administering the land you will be visiting and understand the actual rules that apply. Bill, you cannot use anything with wheels in a federally designated wilderness area. Call the forest service and BLM if you don't believe me. Pay attention to what people are actually saying to you and consider that you might be wrong sometimes.

Bill you need to know your terminology. There's a big difference between national forest or BLM administered lands and designated wilderness. You repeatedly posted about game carts in wilderness. Many people attempted to correct you.

Folks, before listening to crappy advice on the internet, contact the actual agency administering the land you will be visiting and understand the actual rules that apply. Bill, you cannot use anything with wheels in a federally designated wilderness area. Call the forest service and BLM if you don't believe me. Pay attention to what people are actually saying to you and consider that you might be wrong sometimes.
I just got off the phone with the Idaho State BLM office. They informed me that using a non-motorized game cart to retrieve downed game in the field is OK! I think Big Fin is becoming the very "misinformed" contributor he complains about.

I just got off the phone with the Idaho State BLM office. They informed me that using a non-motorized game cart to retrieve downed game in the field is OK! I think Big Fin is becoming the very "misinformed" contributor he complains about.
Bill do you understand what a wilderness area is? Nobody has ever said you couldn't use carts outside the wilderness. The entire conversation was about using them in the wilderness. I would say to call them back but please don't waste their time. You need to research what a wilderness area is and stop telling people bad information.

Now why don't you call the National Forest Service and ask them their policy on carts in designated wilderness areas. Here's a pic of a map in NM (you know where you were a park ranger) sense you seem to need it spoon fed. The solid green is all good for your game cart the white hash marked piece to the south is the Gila wilderness no carts allowed. Get it yet!Screenshot_20240220_125255_onX Hunt.jpg

Bill do you understand what a wilderness area is? Nobody has ever said you couldn't use carts outside the wilderness. The entire conversation was about using them in the wilderness. I would say to call them back but please don't waste their time. You need to research what a wilderness area is and stop telling people bad information.
I have touched all my basis and received a green light. I might suggest that instead of becoming an online expert, you contact the appropriate offices and verbally talk to the biologists in charge. They are the ones in charge. I hope you find your answers.

Do they allow robots into wilderness area I mean technically it’s motorized. At a bare minimum they shouldn’t be allowed during fire season.

Do they allow robots into wilderness area I mean technically it’s motorized. At a bare minimum they shouldn’t be allowed during fire season.
Honestly coming around to it being a person robots aren't usually this dense.

I have touched all my basis and received a green light. I might suggest that instead of becoming an online expert, you contact the appropriate offices and verbally talk to the biologists in charge. They are the ones in charge. I hope you find your answers.
I'm sure you did as there's no designated wilderness along the snake in Idaho mostly BLM and FS. All of this could've been avoided by simply saying "oops I didn't mean actual designated wilderness". But instead you've doubled down on your mistake and are now telling some of the most knowledgeable people on this subject they don't know what they're talking about which is funny sense you came here looking for help. Your ignorance on the subject is plain for all to see I'd change your attitude or move along.

I just ordered a dozen game carts. I didn’t know they were state specific
Before you return them, contact your local F&G, Forestry, BLM and Federal land offices and ask specifically about using non-motorized, pull along game carts for retrieving downed game animals from the field during hunting season. You will need to talk to an officer or the Biologist in charge. You may be OK and not have to return any of them. If you plan to hunt another state, be sure to check with their offices before using them. Remember, the internet is only the starting place for looking for answers. Physically calling and talking to official officers is where you get your final answers. Good luck and happy hunting!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back