Kids and an Elk

thecrittergitter

Well, this will be a quick story:)

Fiver and I decided the last day of season we would stroll on out into the bitter cold of Montana and drag 4 of our kids with us to see if we could find a freezer topper. More of a day to get the kids out just to be out, if we got really lucky and actually killed an elk, well that would be really fun too;)

Kids loaded and ready. Tate and Tycelee are two of Zach's (Fiver) kids, and Braden and Dustin being two of mine........Mama decided to go shopping for the day while we went "grocery shopping" in the meat isle.........

Attachments

• Ride out.jpg
    Ride out.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 750
Turns out there was a group of silly elk in pretty easy hiking distance so we hiked up and Zach put the hammer down on one!

Mossback aint got nothin on us for team photos! LOL

Attachments

• Elk Crew.jpg
    Elk Crew.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 752
Quit sitting around Braden, got us some work to do! Look like you need a saddle or something.

Attachments

• B on elk.jpg
    B on elk.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 746
Apparently while Zach and I were cutting into manageable parts for our workhorses, they felt it was necessary to have a game of tag with..........an elk tongue;)
Creative little folks I guess.....at least it was until dustin caught a high tight fastball from big brother:D

Attachments

• Elk Tongue.jpg
    Elk Tongue.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 746
  • Tongue Throw.jpg
    Tongue Throw.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 747
Better looking than a Mossback team ......... well 4 out of the 5 anyway. There are going to be a bunch of kids that know how to hunt, posting more and more on HT in the future. Congrats.

Don't think they got to just hike up and watch us do everything............4 kids and 4 quarters worked out well. For once, Zach and I got to have the easy hike with two backstraps and t loins while we watched the 4 monkeys sweat their way down the mountain.....

What an awesome day!

Now, I need to get back to the knife and get this elk ready for the grinder this weekend!

Attachments

• Pack train.jpg
    Pack train.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 744
  • Tycelee.jpg
    Tycelee.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 744
  • Pack train 1.jpg
    Pack train 1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 746
Oh yeah! Good stuff. Fiver is pretty smart getting one up on his kids packing an elk for him before he has to pack all of theirs.

this is wonderful,, wish this was posted on facebook instachatgram and all the other sites kids frequent,,,,
theres more to life than electronics,,,

Awesome, Awesome, just showed my two kids what family power is..... congrats on the elk and a full freezer, that's better than sitting playing video games or TV......
Matt

Absolutely love this! You obviously planned ahead if you had a length of rope for each of them :)

That is really cool. Those kids certainly know where their food comes from. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back