Input Needed to Make the Show Yellowstone More Authentic

For one thing....What Single, Older Male Rancher would NOT have a Dog? John Dutton needs a dog...

I also read this about how much the foreign investors are investing in the Yellowstone franchise....I have NOT fact checked it though...

So Taylor Sheridan, who did grow up on a Texas ranch, had an idea for a screenplay that he pitched to a couple different entities in Hollywood and most sent him packing. I am pretty sure that they all told him there was no room for hicks on the red carpet.

However, that is not what Paramount told him; Paramount jumped all over it. They reportedly offered Costner $500,000 per episode just to get everyone's attention and that part worked very well. Interestingly enough, major media attention was given to two different Chinese firms “infusing” $1 billion into Paramount just one year before Yellowstone was launched. For the record, those two Chinese entities are Huahua and Shanghai Film Corp.

Thomas Tull​

Now let's switch gears for a moment. In 2015, a New York businessman, film maker and investor named Thomas Tull brokered a deal with Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin's Wanda Group to sell Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion in cash, stock and debt. What is so interesting about this little Chinese outfit is that they just happen to own AMC theaters which include 8200 screens in 661 theaters in the US alone. Folks, China controls Hollywood.

Teton Ridge​

Suddenly in 2021, the name “Teton Ridge” is popping up everywhere. Teton Ridge is owned by none other than Thomas Tull. They are reportedly telling everyone that they “fell in love with the history and heritage of the Western culture”. Let’s take a quick look at their recent partnerships and acquisitions. The American Rodeo, Cowboys and Indians magazine, Better Barrel Races, AQHA, PRCA naming rights at 2021 NFR and Run for a Million. Now the Chinese own not only Hollywood but the western culture of our nation. That must have been some great partnership right there with a feller by the name of Taylor Sheridan who is the founder of Run for a Million.

It also turns out that the most famous horse ranch in the world, 6666 Ranch, sold in 2021 to the Yellowstone Creator Group. Taylor Sheridan is the front man from the group but I see a Teton Ridge LLC corporation licensed in Weatherford, TX listed as a Foreign Entity that was just created in 2021 and one of the holdings listed is “tr6666”.

Yellowstone Forever - Another Environmental NGO​

I have another interesting factoid about Thomas Tull and Teton Ridge. He recently donated $1 million to Yellowstone Forever. This NGO, like so many others, claims to be improving wildlife in the natural ecosystem. If you go to their website, you will see that they have programs to improve habitat for Montana wolves and cougars. In addition, they have a goal of getting bison outside the boundaries of Yellowstone National Park. In fact, as I read the language on their website it parallels that of the American Prairieland Reserve that has been consuming Montana land faster than a range fire.

Know What You Are Supporting​

Folks, to be blunt, apparently that is what makes the Duttons so popular. The Chinese are preying on our history and heritage in the Western culture while they steal the land and resources right out from under us. The worst part of it is, they are doing that with hoards of people buying t-Shirts to cheer them on as if this is the John Wayne revival we have been waiting for.

I know the die hard fans of Yellowstone are not going to pay attention but I simply want to point out that once again we are our own worst enemy. Once we head down this path, how far will we get before Americans wake up and see the truth before it’s too late!

For one thing....What Single, Older Male Rancher would NOT have a Dog? John Dutton needs a dog...

I also read this about how much the foreign investors are investing in the Yellowstone franchise....I have NOT fact checked it though...

In summary. The Chinese are smart enough to figure out how to fuel demand for and sell “made in China” sweatshop Teeshirts to Chinese tourists who flock to visit Yellowstone after watching the show Yellowstone?

I am left perplexed by the conundrum of how outraged I need to be over the Chinese appropriating Hollywood’s narrative of western heritage.

#letthebisonroam

In summary. The Chinese are smart enough to figure out how to fuel demand for and sell “made in China” sweatshop Teeshirts to Chinese tourists who flock to visit Yellowstone after watching the show Yellowstone?

I am left perplexed by the conundrum of how outraged I need to be over the Chinese appropriating Hollywood’s narrative of western heritage.

#letthebisonroam
Haha. I saw the same thing at the $50,000 dollar tourist trap out of Missoula. A bus full of Chinese tourists loading up on fake longhorn horns and samurai swords. mtmuley

This is my first thread on HT!

Please provide your feedback to make the hit show Yellowstone more authentic and reflective of the Montana experience. I will start.

2 weeks before hunting season John Dutton orders the helicopter to begin hazing the elk off the adjacent public land and onto his property.
Put some Mud on those Ford pickups
Any good ranch truck doesn’t look like showroom truck for advertisement.

The Yellowstone ranch enters into an agreement with FWP to enter type 2 block management to deal with the excess elk on their ranch. Beth handles the calls to see who gets to hunt their BMA. Casey, rip, and the rest of the bunkhouse mates get all of the allotted slots to hunt the bma and in return, FWP compensates them well.

Winter. Winter would make it better.

Assuming its set down Paradise Valley, there needs to be more unrelenting wind, 6 months of it, broken only by semi-occasional snows.

Assuming it’s set down West/Big Sky, the show needs more snow. There should be white for 6 months.

More mud, too, either way.

Also, I know this topic is for helpful suggestions to improve the show, but I’ll add some observations.

Assuming I were simple and I took the show at face value, I’d think the murder rate in Bozeman and surrounds is somewhere between Juarez and Auschwitz, give or take. Also, did anyone else notice there was a bigger investigation for the shooting of a grizzly than any of the many murders - including those of millionaires and billionaires - that have happened this far?

Last edited:
I drove by the ranch twice a day all archery and rifle season. Even with the cones and no parking signs along the highway the folks with WA, CA and TX plates creating traffic issues trying to get pics of the Dutton Ranch sign and the Y on the white barn is crazy.

I have always preferred to read a good book rather than watch T.V., so I have not yet enjoyed "Yellowstone". But I was curious, so I ask my daughter about it and she told me to think about the movies Giant and Big Country and Kevin as Rock Hudson and Charles Bickford. However my son told me his sister was incorrect ? Does Kevin have a love interest in the series ?

I drove by the ranch twice a day all archery and rifle season. Even with the cones and no parking signs along the highway the folks with WA, CA and TX plates creating traffic issues trying to get pics of the Dutton Ranch sign and the Y on the white barn is crazy.
We are doing work for a guy here who just spent right around $700k to build a barn "like the one on yellowstone" behind his house. He even painted it the same.

My favorite thing about the show is it portrays someone other than Texans as complete cowboy morons. It’s entertaining though, even if it is totally ridiculous.

I have always preferred to read a good book rather than watch T.V., so I have not yet enjoyed "Yellowstone". But I was curious, so I ask my daughter about it and she told me to think about the movies Giant and Big Country and Kevin as Rock Hudson and Charles Bickford. However my son told me his sister was incorrect ? Does Kevin have a love interest in the series ?
It changes every season.

First season, love interest was his helicopter. I guess the helicopter left him because it hasnt shown up in subsequent seasons.

Second or third, cant remember, his love interest was the governor. Not Jersey Greg, but the show's woman governor. She's gone now, tho, governing, I guess.

This season, I think they may be setting up some hippy environmentalist woman as his love interest. Last episode I saw, he was taking her for a drive to show her the ranch.

I am a superfan of the show, if you cant tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back