Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Knee surgery, first Whitetail and a friendly landowner

I have a couple spots where I can start on the top of the ridge and fight the urge to chase the singles down into the canyons.

That’s funny shit. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I’ve said that.

Perfect first whitetail, Sawtooth. I'm super glad all this worked out positively. I know you were bummed about the knee injury, but it would appear that for all the suffering, you've come out ahead with such a generous new friend.

Cheers, bud, and great job! Now get back on that R&R!

Thanks all for the kind comments. For close to forty years I've been chasing mule deer and elk. I finally made it up to Northern Idaho to shoot a whitetail. After our third amazing meal my wife has decided that I should forget about the mule deer hunting and only shoot elk and whitetail deer from now on. She much prefers the whitetail venison.

Maybe she should send you over here to milk cow country where the whitetails grow fat on soy beans, alfalfa and field corn. There are counties in Wisconsin that issue 5 doe tags with your 1 antlered as a matter of course, you know?

Congrats! I had a bucket handle tear in my meniscus. Surgery was last week and I'm already at 90%. Too bad I don't have any more hunts this year :-(

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back