Caribou Gear

Input Needed to Make the Show Yellowstone More Authentic

I watched about 1/2 hour of it and cost me half of my limited supply of brain cells. Best I could tell it is the Montana version of the show "Dallas" with equal bad acting and a few f-bombs. None of the scheming women in it come close to being as good looking as Victoria Principal, however.
all that from justt 1/2 hour?

More Stormy Kromers, more Carhartt, more fat cowboys, more handlebar moustaches, a few mullets, less fancy horse stuff/dressage, etc.

They're also playing lots of Colter Wall, a Sasky boy, on this season which is alright.

I may be sticking my head in a hornets nest but here goes: Yes, they show hard horn deer and elk in the spring/summer and yup - the cowboys wear way too new and not worn out too clean clothes and no, there is not a chance in hell that ball cap Jimmy could win any rodeo event - EVER, Monica is Asian, not Native American, the main house is way too fancy, no rancher I know flies a helicopter or has a personal chef, and they leave a good number of loose ends around each season - but - I love this show! Beth is a smart, gorgeous bad ass, Rip is very believable, Jamie is one of the best/worst weasels ever, Costner plays the Godfather of Montana pretty well and they actually get to kill people who need killing (OK - some of them didn't really deserve it). And, no, I'm not from Montana, I don't own a ranch nor have I ever roped anything, so what do I know?

Just my humble .02. Please leave a little meat on my bones. If it helps, I don't own a helicopter, a Raptor, or anything made by Sitka or KUIU:cool:
i agree

What I like is that the people who live on the coasts think that is actually how life is in MT

The wife watches it so I do catch bits and pieces…had to laugh on Sunday, I was down the hall putting/cleaning the vacuum back together and heard the exchange between “Beth” and whoever the gal is that her dad had taken home. I walked back in the front room, looked at the wife, and said (again I’m the father of three girls) “that’s a discussion I’ve never had with my children 😱”!

Potty mouth much??

A lot of metaphors about Canines and Beth's character are very eerily accurate. Good and Bad.

I've only watched a few episodes, stopped after the livestock agent swat team episodes. Grew up farming and raising cattle, Rip reminded me of more than a couple hands I worked with. The rest of it, well, it is a TV show after all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back