Input Needed to Make the Show Yellowstone More Authentic

So apparently there is a prequel in development set in the late 1800s. I think this has potential to be better than the modern show since we, the audience, are far enough removed from that period that we will be less able to sense how unrealistic it is.

There has been pretty big controversy over the actress that plays monica, as she is not native, and rather comes from an Asian background... Hollywood eh.
I guess she lied about being Cherokee to get roles in the past too looool. It's funny once you find out she's white/chinese, you can never unsee how little she actually looks like a Native person. She even played a Native gal in the last season of Fargo. Hollywood really is funny.

She's just such a flat actress. She has the same facial expression at all times. Plus all she does in get in the way of Kaycee doing what the audience wants to see him do. The scene where she starts crying watching a terrible rap show was so cringe. The show is cringe.

I guess she lied about being Cherokee to get roles in the past too looool. It's funny once you find out she's white/chinese, you can never unsee how little she actually looks like a Native person. She even played a Native gal in the last season of Fargo. Hollywood really is funny.

She's just such a flat actress. She has the same facial expression at all times. Plus all she does in get in the way of Kaycee doing what the audience wants to see him do. The scene where she starts crying watching a terrible rap show was so cringe. The show is cringe.

Yes she has, funny though about this show, I went to highschool with a girl that was almost a sure thing for the part of monica, only down fall was not much acting experience. But she would have suited the part as she is actually native. That was the only reason I found out about the other actress.

The show definitely is cringe, especially having inlaws in the cattle industry. Looking past all the "hollywoodness" of the show, it isn't the worst show out there. Not saying its near the best either. Good for passing time I guess.

Yes she has, funny though about this show, I went to highschool with a girl that was almost a sure thing for the part of monica, only down fall was not much acting experience. But she would have suited the part as she is actually native. That was the only reason I found out about the other actress.

The show definitely is cringe, especially having inlaws in the cattle industry. Looking past all the "hollywoodness" of the show, it isn't the worst show out there. Not saying its near the best either. Good for passing time I guess.
I do agree, its good for passing the time and its not terrible, plus sometimes a good cringe can be a fun watch sometimes. I mean... I've seen every episode haha

I may be sticking my head in a hornets nest but here goes: Yes, they show hard horn deer and elk in the spring/summer and yup - the cowboys wear way too new and not worn out too clean clothes and no, there is not a chance in hell that ball cap Jimmy could win any rodeo event - EVER, Monica is Asian, not Native American, the main house is way too fancy, no rancher I know flies a helicopter or has a personal chef, and they leave a good number of loose ends around each season - but - I love this show! Beth is a smart, gorgeous bad ass, Rip is very believable, Jamie is one of the best/worst weasels ever, Costner plays the Godfather of Montana pretty well and they actually get to kill people who need killing (OK - some of them didn't really deserve it). And, no, I'm not from Montana, I don't own a ranch nor have I ever roped anything, so what do I know?

Just my humble .02. Please leave a little meat on my bones. If it helps, I don't own a helicopter, a Raptor, or anything made by Sitka or KUIU:cool:

I may be sticking my head in a hornets nest but here goes: Yes, they show hard horn deer and elk in the spring/summer and yup - the cowboys wear way too new and not worn out too clean clothes and no, there is not a chance in hell that ball cap Jimmy could win any rodeo event - EVER, Monica is Asian, not Native American, the main house is way too fancy, no rancher I know flies a helicopter or has a personal chef, and they leave a good number of loose ends around each season - but - I love this show! Beth is a smart, gorgeous bad ass, Rip is very believable, Jamie is one of the best/worst weasels ever, Costner plays the Godfather of Montana pretty well and they actually get to kill people who need killing (OK - some of them didn't really deserve it). And, no, I'm not from Montana, I don't own a ranch nor have I ever roped anything, so what do I know?

Just my humble .02. Please leave a little meat on my bones. If it helps, I don't own a helicopter, a Raptor, or anything made by Sitka or KUIU:cool:
I don’t give a rip no pun intended what nationality Monica is. She’s fine! My wife knows that’s my crush. 😂 You are right though. She’s an Asian from South Carolina.

I thought about posting a new thread but after I read this all I could think was “sounds like a season out of Yellowstone.” Rancher even has the helicopter to boot. As you read the article it’s interesting as the antagonist isn’t super defined, which I appreciate and think this is true in Yellowstone as well. And then at the end of this article a new possible antagonist is introduced, and we all know everyone loves to hate on California.

All joking aside the article does raise some interesting points I hadn’t thought of, such as it apparently being illegal for a landowner to set his own back burn in order to protect his land. Likewise, the USFS cannot be held liable for letting fires get out of control. I also did not know that the directive was changed to extinguish new fires when able earlier this month.

I cringe at the airport subplot the way many of you guys do at the show's "ranching." In this day and age, it would be more realistic to propose a land grab for a sasquatch preserve. Still can't not watch though, kind of like the Sopranos, there is no good guy.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back