Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunting Gear Thats Punches Above its Pricepoint

I dry mine all the time. Did you contact them?
I did not contact them as my son has been using them. If he couldn't, I would have.

I dry my Smartwool socks all the time in the dryer. never shrink. Love them! Love Kenetrek socks as well, but I have had 2 pair lose the elasticity at the top after about 4 years. Still like them.

I've found some merino socks shrink and some don't.
Usually it's the real wool ones that shrink and I screwed up & did not dry on low,.....easier just to hang them in a tree here.
LOL My ex would give me hand made socks each year,bless her heart. And I'd wind up giving her a nice pair that I shrank...only ones that did not shrink were Mohair wool,which she combed from our Angora sheep. I never understood that one.

My faves would have to be the following:
1. $50.00 ice fishing sled used for hauling out deer and elk (bonus, doubles as a manure sled for cleaning out the horse corral)
2. Duluth Buck Naked performance underwear (Boxer briefs for the fat guy like me)
3. Kenetrek Gaiters

I used kathoola microspikes for the first time this fall while sidehilling on long grass covered by wet snow. Never again will I leave home without them.
They can come off and if the snow is deep you will lose them. I tied some p-cord to the heel as a “safety strap” so I wouldn’t lose them. It turned out to also keep them snug so they wouldn’t slip. And keep the snow out of my boot when punching through deep snow.

Attachments

• 3D994B2F-984D-4CBD-A374-13AAC6B1F34A.jpeg
    3D994B2F-984D-4CBD-A374-13AAC6B1F34A.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
Pulk poles and a sturdy $50 sled. I’ve lost track of how many deer and elk I’ve pulled out, even on dry ground. So good I even gave them a review.

Last edited:
Pull poles and a sturdy $50 sled. I’ve lost track of how many deer and elk I’ve pulled out, even on dry ground. So good I even gave them a review.

I got to use a buddies in the Sierras twice.Very cool on a trail.

Doing some processing thought i would share something that is a way helpful and i never think about but makes meat storage so much better organized. I have used standard size crates before but they just dont hold enough of anything to really help and dont use enough space in freezer effectively. These heavy duty longer milk crates ($35 for 3 on amazon) are perfect fit for my chest and vertical freezer to organize meat and still allow proper cooling. On the vertical freezer fills most of the shelf and keeps stuff from sliding and opening door. They easily hold 50 pounds of packaged burger and i can stack 2 high in chest freezer if i choose. Measure them if they fit your freezer order some!KIMG0372.JPG

Lowa Boots.
Just gave myself a 3rd pair. For xmas ya know.
Now have Tibet GTX Superwarm, Camino's, and the new Tibet GTX,uninsulated.
Fit like an armored glove. Perfect fit & finish. Nice.
I'm sending the Camino's back to Germany to be resoled,refurbished.

Doing some processing thought i would share something that is a way helpful and i never think about but makes meat storage so much better organized. I have used standard size crates before but they just dont hold enough of anything to really help and dont use enough space in freezer effectively. These heavy duty longer milk crates ($35 for 3 on amazon) are perfect fit for my chest and vertical freezer to organize meat and still allow proper cooling. On the vertical freezer fills most of the shelf and keeps stuff from sliding and opening door. They easily hold 50 pounds of packaged burger and i can stack 2 high in chest freezer if i choose. Measure them if they fit your freezer order some!View attachment 205958
I just checked my Chest freezer at work and it is only 18" wide front to back ...I got my hopes up for nothing... I'm limited to the 13"x13 crates!

They can come off and if the snow is deep you will lose them. I tied some p-cord to the heel as a “safety strap” so I wouldn’t lose them. It turned out to also keep them snug so they wouldn’t slip. And keep the snow out of my boot when punching through deep snow.
This!. I am down to one microspike now cuz I lost one. Ordering more and will do this.

Lowa Boots.
Just gave myself a 3rd pair. For xmas ya know.
Now have Tibet GTX Superwarm, Camino's, and the new Tibet GTX,uninsulated.
Fit like an armored glove. Perfect fit & finish. Nice.
I'm sending the Camino's back to Germany to be resoled,refurbished.
I only have a pair of Renegades but I love them. They definitely aren't my last pair of Lowa's.

I just checked my Chest freezer at work and it is only 18" wide front to back ...I got my hopes up for nothing... I'm limited to the 13"x13 crates!
I use crates from menards designed for files (office files). they fit my freezer perfectly.

Not hunting but fishing...Barbie and Spiderman fishing poles. Especially for ice fishing those are our go-to poles. We just find the bottom with a clip-on weight, set the $0.13 bobber to hold the bait just a hair above the bottom, and hand-over-hand the fish out of the hole when the bobber goes down. In the summertime they fit great in a pack or atv box. I expect to be sponsored by Shakespeare any day now...

Not hunting but fishing...Barbie and Spiderman fishing poles. Especially for ice fishing those are our go-to poles. We just find the bottom with a clip-on weight, set the $0.13 bobber to hold the bait just a hair above the bottom, and hand-over-hand the fish out of the hole when the bobber goes down. In the summertime they fit great in a pack or atv box. I expect to be sponsored by Shakespeare any day now...

In the summer, put on a lifejacket, grab a beer, and fish while cooling off in the water with one of those rods. I like Frozen rods though.

Back