PEAX Equipment

Hunting Gear Thats Punches Above its Pricepoint

Another vote for my Lowa Tibet's. I just sent them back to be reconditioned for $125
I have a pair that's worked very well for me. At $400, though, I don't know if I'd call it punching *above* it's price point. Been worth the money for me though!

I have a pair that's worked very well for me. At $400, though, I don't know if I'd call it punching *above* it's price point. Been worth the money for me though!
Well, when you get your $400 boots basically replaced for $125 you now have an average cost of $262.50 per pair ;)

Bic lighter with duct tape wrapped around it.

A backup pair of glasses from zenni. Have some sort of glasses/contact issues on a hunt once and you'll realize how important it is to have backup. They also have great prescription polarized glasses for a little more if you like fishing.

Also a big fan of Lacrosse Burly boots which I use for lots of upland hunts in the lowlands and stand hunting before the weather gets too frigid.

Kings camp zip off lj’s. It doesn’t get THAT cold here so they’re typically all I need in the morning, and two zips later I’m feeding cows.

Honestly, can’t believe I forgot about this one… and I know a lot of you will think it’s silly.

Best face sunscreen period. It's a little on the pricey side especially compared to banana boat, but I usually wear long sleeves with hoods hunting so I only use it on my face and therefore it lasts forever.

Why is it awesome... waterproof, high SPF, and it's not oily and doesn't leave a white cast to your face like many sunscreens (esp) those with zinc tend to do.

My wife bought it... I was like... OMG WTF is this stuff... took it hunting this fall both my buddies were really surprised by it as well.

Bottle also is small and non-explodey which is nice.

21DE3A94-183A-4D67-9665-54EAEF9262D8.jpeg

Honestly, can’t believe I forgot about this one… and I know a lot of you will think it’s silly.

Best face sunscreen period. It's a little on the pricey side especially compared to banana boat, but I usually wear long sleeves with hoods hunting so I only use it on my face and therefore it lasts forever.

Why is it awesome... waterproof, high SPF, and it's not oily and doesn't leave a white cast to your face like many sunscreens (esp) those with zinc tend to do.

My wife bought it... I was like... OMG WTF is this stuff... took it hunting this fall both my buddies were really surprised by it as well.

View attachment 210709
...only you.

View attachment 210709
Watching my Dad get pieces of his head and face cut off every year have me rethinking my relationship with the sun...

View attachment 210730
The active ingredients for sun… honestly I’m not going to google much into it, my wife is an MD, she has a little coven of MD friends into skin care, they are all into this company and are constantly talking about the sketchy ingredients of other stuff.

It’s super bougie, but like I said really good face sunscreen.
I legitimately thought it was only in japanese and I was like F-no, I have no idea what those crazy little symbols mean or even how to translate that shit.

Watching my Dad get pieces of his head and face cut off every year have me rethinking my relationship with the sun...
I am with you on this. My dad has had a bunch removed. Years and years of playing baseball without sunscreen and fishing on Lake Erie have taken its toll on my face/ears/arms. Not too mention 10 years riding a Harley pretty much 10 months a year all over this country for work. I am bound to have it eventually. I lather the 70 on now. Wish I would have years ago.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back