Hunting Gear Thats Punches Above its Pricepoint

Do you think the kowa genesis is above or below the newest version of SLC's?
Below, but not for optics. I preferred the view of the optics in the Kowa slightly. Physical attributes like center tripod stud, lightweight, and the ability to remove the eye cups to clean dirt and dust are the reasons I would grab the SLCs over the Genesis.

$18 plastic kids sled for sledding out your meat! Definitely exceeded the price point last week, especially since @Gerald Martin bought the sleds :)

Tried it on a boned out elk. Sled broke in half about 2/3rd of the way out. It was sure nice to have for that long, though.

Vanguard Endeavor XF 15-45x60 Spotter. I've had this spotter for over a year and half now and it bats way above it's average considering you can pick it up for under $250. IMO it should cost double or triple that. Its a really solid spotter.
I had a pair of vanguard endeavor binos but I kept ruining the screw out eye focus deals on the by getting sand in them every year, they sent me a new pair for free but I ruined them within a year stalking bucks in the sand. But they were definitely clearer the vortex diamondbacks.

The head on it solid and not have play in it? I might look into that
It's more than sufficient for my BX4 10x42s and my Nikon 50mm spotting scope. If you want to up the stability, Vanguard makes a handful of other head options that you can put on the tripod.

I had a friend from LaGrande, OR build it for me in the 1990s.
300 H & H Remington 700. I typically hand load 180gr for the rifle,
went up to 200 gr Barnes LRX this past year and like that it has very modest recoil

Too cool. Let me know if you ever want to sell it! Love the look of that McMillan with the express sights.

I'll play a different angle/take on this thread.

Anything from Vortex. Let me explain.

Last year, I dropped my gun while trying to get it out of my pack sling and it landed right on the Viper scope. I could hear glass was broke. Returned home and called Vortex about how to go about returning the scope for their lifetime warranty. Phone rings, a real person immediately answers. Most helpful person. Scope replaced and back on my gun in about 3 weeks time.

This year, not sure how it happened during travel but I get to my hunting spot and when I started to glass, I noticed my adjustable eyepiece was broke on my bino. By the end of the trip, it was completely broke off. Same drill - get home and call Vortex to setup the warranty replacement. Not only did a real person answer but once he got my address and saw where I was from, he started talking waterfowl hunting with me in the area.

So, in conclusion Vortex has top notch customer service and I will never have to buy an optic again in my life unless I just want to own more of something. I now own 3 rifle scopes, 2 binoculars, 1 spotting scope and 1 rangefinder. Are they the best optics on the planet? No. Are they American made? No. Are they the best value on the market? YES!!!

Back